This forum won't stop sending me emails

Discussion in 'Forum Usage Help' started by Slaptapandpop, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Slaptapandpop

Slaptapandpop

Sep 30, 2016
    I turned off all instances I could find of getting email updates to threads, likes responses, and the like but I'm still getting then. I'd like to think of myself as an easy going guy but nothing pisses me off like all the inconvenient convenience features that are forced on us by technology these days (such as how right now I'm typing on mobile without autocorrect because using it would ensure misspelled and incorrect words.) Is there some box somewhere I'm not checking because it's got me ready to leave this forum and I just got here.

2. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    Hang tight. The admins here are good folks.

In the mean time, why not describe what is being emailed to you? It will narrow down the causation. i.e. Spam from the store, notification that someone posted in a thread you started, etc

joroom likes this.
  3. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Click on your profile, then click on "preferences". From there, you can control what notifications you receive or not.

4. David Wilson

David Wilson Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    yes, you have your profile set to watch threads when you create threads or reply to them. So every post you make will subscribe you that thread even if you unwatched it.

joroom likes this.
  5. Slaptapandpop

Slaptapandpop

Sep 30, 2016
    What I'm getting is notifications when someone posts in a thread I have created or posted in. I went into preferences and turned off everything that says "and email me" which did reduce the number of email notifications slightly, but did not stop them. Have I missed something. I left it as subscribe to those threads so I'll get notifications when I sign into the forum, but thought I had turned off the email. Here is a screen shot of my preferences, let me know if I did something wrong. I turned off emails I think at least over 24 hours ago, I have logged out and back in, cleared my browser history/cache, and my computer has been turned off and back on since I changed my preferences but I still got an email notification just a few minutes ago. talkbassprefs.png

6. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Go to the thread(s) in question, then click "unwatch thread" from the menu above the first post.

7. Slaptapandpop

Slaptapandpop

Sep 30, 2016
    I will. still want the notifications when I log into the site, just not the emails. I'm not sure if what you're instructing me to do will do that or if it will turn off onsite alerts as well.

8. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    If you unwatch them, you will no longer get alerts for that thread. When you went to the preferences window to deselect "receive emails", did you scroll to the bottom of that window and save your changes? If not, then this may be the cause of your still getting email notifications.

9. Slaptapandpop

Slaptapandpop

Sep 30, 2016
    I did but I will try again.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021