this guy is like... the Matrix

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Josh Ryan, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
  2. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    That guy has an amazing vertical leap. He's not even trying hard to do those backflips.
  3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    That's joe eigo. He's amazing. He does a combination of capoeira and gymnastics. The real amazing thing, is that he's 6 feet tall!

I have like a dozen of his and his friends' videos, it's really impressive stuff.

you don't know how badly I wish I could do that stuff, I'm 6'4, which makes it tricky, but if he, at 6'0 can do it(and so well) then I'm sure I could do it too. I watch his videos all the time, really inspiring stuff.

I'm so going to hurt myself.

I'm going to be focusing on my vertical for basketball(I'm about 2 inches away from dunking) once my vertical is good, then I'm going to start working on the gymnastics stuff. I can land a front flip on my legs, but I usually fall immediately afterward, If I had just a little more vertical I know I could do a lot more.
  4. fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    I can't even begin to think how he does half that stuff. I tried a front flip just standing on the ground and all I can say to that is ouch. At least it was in grass.
  5. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Wow! That's one agile monkey-man.

brad cook
  6. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    I would kill myself instantly trying to duplicate anything he does. I'm six feet, but I'm sort of "stocky".
  7. Haha, same here.

I'm 5'8, but sort of "lazy, and don't want to even try and do something like that."
  8. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    There with you, man.
  9. Ok, I dare someone to call him. :D
  10. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland

Wow, just wow!
  11. Kavorka

Mar 28, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    He looks like he's got helium in his blood. Then Wrong Robot tells us the dude's six feet tall. DAMMMMMMMMNNNN
  12. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    He ain't got nothin on the 1100 pound man.
  13. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    We should invite him to the next GTG.
  14. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    I LOVE that sort of stuff. I wish I could do tumbling, but at my best I can only do a sorry excuse for a front handspring.

I don't envy his knees in another dozen years though.
  15. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Me too, except I'm 6 feet and sort of "fat" ;) :D

That guy should be going to the Olympics this year.
  16. bluntman_bass

Jul 13, 2004
    Wilcox, NE
    my gay stupid slow internet wont let me see it(plus im impatient) :scowl:
  17. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    I can even imagine how it would go down if I did try one of those flips:

Me "Hey honey, check this out!"

jump, fall, snap thud.

My kids, "Daddy's sleeping!"

My wife, "kids, go inside."

very sad really.
  18. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    My version:

*late at night (or early in the morning) on the campus of Ithaca College after a party*

Me: Dude, watch this!

*jump, fall, snap, thud*

Chris: Dude?

John: Yo, dude...?

Mike: I think he's dead.

John: Everyone, here's a stick. Let's poke him.

*everyone pokes my lifeless, bleeding body*

*ten minutes later*

Chris: Well, that was a fun ten minutes of poking.

Mike: Seriously, I think he's dead.

*everyone resumes poking*

*I wake up*

Me: See, I told you it would be cool... Where's my arm? Dammit John, eww, that's my arm for chrissake! Give me that back.

*hobbles back to dorm room only to wake up 3 hours later for class*
  19. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    This guy is good... some are better though :)

Here is a good story about back flips though.
    I have a friend who was a gymnast, could do all sort of flips and stuff, he is pretty good. He had a friend who was also gymnast, so one night we were walking down the street and sees his buddy walking toward us and some skated doing tricks on empty street. So out of no where when he gets close to the skater he does a back flip and keeps on walking like nothing happen.
    Skater kid comes up to him with "wow that’s amazing, teach me how to do that, bluh bluh bluh". So my buddy just goes "dude... its easy anyone can do it... I mean look, ask any stranger on street, he will do it." so skater pointed at the only guy who was walking along on street besides us "we ask him to do a flip and he does..." skater right away tries to do back flip himself and falls on his ass.

NOW that is good usage of you skills! :D

20. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    ya know, I've seen all variety of amazing gymnastics, but joe eigo has consistently blown me away. I have never seen anyone that I can clearly say is "better" simply because eigo's style is so unlike conventional gymnastics, that it's something of its own. That said, I'm sure there are gymnasts that can do everything he can do and then some, but I have yet to see it.