1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

This is not a MUSE thread

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by faceinbass, May 11, 2010.

1. faceinbass

faceinbass

Apr 20, 2008
    KCMO
    Anyone else use an Ampeg Scrambler original/clone?

I doubt anyone has an original.. there were only 250 or so made. If you own or have used a clone, what are your thoughts?

:D

2. faceinbass

faceinbass

Apr 20, 2008
    KCMO
    really? no one? :confused:

:hyper: come on.......

3. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    OlyWA...
    If no one gives you an answer ask over on ilovefuzz.com, someone over there might have.

4. faceinbass

faceinbass

Apr 20, 2008
    KCMO
    www.iloveyouforanswering.com

I have one and just want to chat with someone else who has experienced this.... this.... sound.

5. kugelspot

kugelspot

Jun 8, 2009
    while we're on the subject of Scramblers:

1. Clips please!
    2. Does anyone make a clone of one?

6. faceinbass

faceinbass

Apr 20, 2008
    KCMO
    I can do clips later...

I hesitate because I don't know if I should.. :scowl:

Minds will be blown and I don't want to be responsible.

7. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    Jimmy Rocket built one and sold it a couple of months ago.

8. I had a RI and a clone too - pretty cool pedals, and work great on bass once you set the wet/dry balance sufficiently, but unortunately the lack of an actual master volume means that if you find a tone you really like, it might not have enough volume to represent itself in a band mix.

heres a clip i did ages ago of my Paisly Tubby Quasar scrambler clone:
    http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7715939

and a very old clip of my Scrambler:
    http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6502055

On a side note: I've currently got the Ampeg Sub-Blaster Octaver - and it is one of the best octaver's ive ever played and will actually blast subs.

9. BananaKing

BananaKing Supporting Member

May 15, 2008
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Muse :D

Honestly, I don't really use pedals..... but I thought that I'd put some muse in here for you! j/k

10. faceinbass

faceinbass

Apr 20, 2008
    KCMO
    AWESOME! will listen at home tonight.
    Good to know that there are other options for getting these!
    The pINK eLEPHANT has a master volume so I think you should check it out.
    PLENTY loud enough for a band setting.
    Not as loud as a BAM but LOUD.

OH MAN, i know.
    I never NEVER should have sold mine.
    I still regret that. I have the Octron 2 now and its suboctave, while good.. is NO sub-blaster.

11. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    I had an original but left it at a guitarist's house back in the 70's. :( I've heard there were actually something like 3000 of them made and an original is now worth something like $1000.

12. Yeah the originals go for megabucks, but even analogman says that the reissues are just as good, if not better than the originals. shame that the RI's are also rare now, I should have kept mine, but the sub-blaster wont be going anywhere any time soon - although with my OC2 and POGII it does have some pretty stiff competition.

13. kugelspot

kugelspot

Jun 8, 2009
    Ya. IIRC they said they said reissues are actually thicker and fatter. Thats the funny thing about reissues. They either suck, or are at least as good, if not better, than the original, and either way, it never drives down the price of the originals, and people still act like they're so much better. I listened to a demo comparing the original A/DA Flanger to the reissue, and the reissue is better IMO. It's thicker and fatter, and less subtle, which I personally like. I also prefer block Phase 90's to script Phase 90s.

Speaking of which, can anyone do a bass demo of an A/DA Flanger or Final Phase? I'd be fine with either an original or a reissue.

14. kugelspot

kugelspot

Jun 8, 2009
    GODDAM IT YOSI! WHY DID I ASK FOR CLIPS!?!?!?!? I'M GASSING HARD FOR THAT QUASAR AND WITH YOUR ECONOMY THE WAY IT IS RIGHT NOW, THEY COST LESS THAN $120!!!! I'M TRYING SAVE UP MY MONEY AND NOT SPEND SO MUCH ON GEAR!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Anyway, good clips. Thanks man! I was wondering what a Scrambler sounded like on bass. :)