1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

This Lady...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mellowinman, Dec 12, 2018.

1. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    So I have a good friend that I have tried to date, off and on. She is wonderful, beautiful, too young, and decidedly high-maintenance. I would have sacrificed my bachelorhood, and helped her raise two adorable children, but the problem was always her dad is two months younger than me, and we love each other dearly, but question the life we could have.

So she has been through some different men, of varying quality, as I have been through some different women of varying quality, and a few months ago, decided a certain one is worth getting "serious" about.

My friend, mentioned above, has found a big bear of a man, who treats her well, loves her children, and makes her happy.

I cannot emphasize enough that whether a woman is "the one," "a one," "the one for right now," or "just friends," you can love her, want her happiness, and be thrilled by the ups and downs of her life, just as she can be for yours.

We would've made a great couple, (maybe,) but what we are right now is very happy for one another.

For me, that's just a beautiful thing.

Mr_Moo, ak56, biguglyman and 3 others like this.
  2. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    Mellow, you sure seem to spend a lot of time thinking about women.

3. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    I like them. Plus, I think I may be in full-blown midlife crisis?

Rocksolid, reddog, murphy and 3 others like this.
  4. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    I'm kinda happy that my libedo is slipping with age.

murphy and TN WOODMAN like this.
  5. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    I heard that can happen. Not me just yet. :)

6. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    If I could have back every minute I wasted chasing women, I could travel around the world twice.

DirtDog likes this.
  7. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    I never chased women. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with them, and plan to continue on with friendships and possibly the serious relationship I have found myself in. I'm not typical of men. I truly love women, and have many female friends. I thank them all for what they have given me, whether sexual or emotional, or even just interactional.

8. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    Well, more power to ya brother! God bless.

JRA likes this.
  9. Paulabass

Paulabass Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2017
    My accountant says I spent half my money on chasing women, and liquor. I guess I must have squandered the rest.

10. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    :smug:

11. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    When I was young and single, my biggest mistake was focusing too much on women I liked instead of taking a step back and seeing who was interested in me. A man can miss out on lots of wonderful opportunities if he allows himself to get focused on a woman he really likes that shows you just enough interest to keep you around.

12. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    True. I have done both; and even stepped into the other role. What inspired me to post this thread was that there are a lot of ways people, (in this case ladies-for me) can bring us happiness. I truly cherish the role of ladies as daughter/sister/mother/friend/lover/whatever you may think of, and realize the angst I had as a young man was largely wasted. I have never had this level of success, and I attribute it largely to this knowledge/attitude. I have never felt so at ease, and want to share it with anyone who wants to listen.

I obviously don't care if anyone disagrees, and wish them well. :)

OldDog52 and Dr. Cheese like this.
  13. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    after my first marriage to a woman who looked like a super model but was about 15 levels of bat guano crazy, i figured i was incapable of a successful LTR.
    It took a life altering (in a negative way) accident and being pursued to convince me otherwise. I’m so glad i decided to trust the woman who thought we’d make a good team. It has not been perfect but we have yet to come to an impasse that lasted more than a few minutes before one (or both) relented and we came to a mutually agreeable solution.
    I have no complaints.

14. DavetheDude

DavetheDude

Nov 28, 2014
    Germany
    What is love?

15. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    An intense feeling of deep affection.

16. Then, I love my shoes.

17. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009

VTBass, DavetheDude and TOOL460002 like this.
  18. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Been there. Nothing like being in love with someone you just can't get next to. Friend zoned!

Dr. Cheese likes this.
  19. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    It's fine being friend zoned. For every woman who friend zones you there are ten more who won't. That's the point of this thread. I want her to be happy, and for the record, I love her dearly, but have never been "in love" with her. That is a little more sacred ground.

20. DavetheDude

DavetheDude

Nov 28, 2014
    Germany
    Gee, thank you! :D

Exactly!