This takes the cake!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by stratovani, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Seems like a bargain to me.

2. LOL! :D

3. I know of some Hipsters who would buy that.

4. Why did he bother to unsolder it? Surely it would have been worth more when it was attached to a nice old guitar...:confused:

5. 254 stringer

254 stringer Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Waco Texas
    i am an electrician i find old crap that looks like this all the time if this sales im gonna start selling "vintage" fender wire on ebay too

6. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    Beware of giant bold print in ads. It seems like the bigger the print the bigger the BS.

7. M0ses

M0ses

Sep 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    No look, it says Fender in the picture.

8. thumpbass1

thumpbass1

Jul 4, 2004
    I checked his eBay store out, and laughed myself silly at the prices he thinks he can get. Not everything is out of line, but his vintage parts pricing is ,,,,well,,,,WOW! Very entertaining indeed for anyone who has been keeping an eye on what the vintage guitar market is 'actually' doing in terms of market condition as of late. Maybe he's lucky and finds all sorts of folks with the cash to burn on some of his offerings.

9. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Those parts prices just have to be some sort of weird joke. I don't believe anyone would pay them. This one particularly caught my eye. $1,950 for a plastic tip to go on a Strat pickup switch? I think not.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1956-ORIG-Bake-...p-/350362923139?pt=Guitar&hash=item519341f083

10. I hope the original solder is included.

This vintage thing is totally out of control.

11. thumpbass1

thumpbass1

Jul 4, 2004
    I have friends who do collect and trade in the world of vintage guitars and parts, but this guy's prices are way out of whack with reality as far as most of his vintage parts offerings are concerned. He may actually find some vintage cork sniffers that just gotta have his stuff, and are dumb enough to pay what he's asking. That's his and their business. I know there can be big bucks for good original parts such as pickups, bridges, etc, etc, but this guy seems to be quite high in comparison to other vintage part dealers. I'd rather deal with George Gruhn and other reputable vintage instrument and parts dealers before I'd spend money with this guy: that is if I were into the serious end of vintage collecting, or needed a real vintage part to repair a true blue vintage piece that deserved such attention. I do support those who do love and collect vintage instruments, but man oh man, the collectors market can bring in some rather silly, if not delusional sellers and buyers.

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 4, 2021