1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

thrown togeteher Jazz Bass/USA Custom

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by thadiusfunkfoot, May 6, 2006.

1. thadiusfunkfoot

thadiusfunkfoot

May 6, 2006
    I’ve been a player/ technician (more of a tech, than a musician) for 36 years, or so, and just put together the new love of my life.
    Jazz body (mahogany), maple neck, with Pao Ferro fret board. Gotoh, 206 bridge/Schaller tuners.(HEAVY BITCH)
    passive traditional setup- Lindsay Fralin 5% brighter pickups, and man what a sound.
    All of which i got off of EBAY (at various vendors) (exception pickups)@ around half price.
    Back in love again..
    YEA!
    Sometimes all it takes is a new axe.
    As far as the neck, and body goes, I’ve never seen better quality. Been playing Fenders for years, and i have to say. ---Dam. It’s been great therapy, and really nice to play the finest instrument I’ve ever owned.
    Just wanted to pass it on in case some of you were thinking of slapping one together. I'm sure Warmoth makes fine ones also, but I’ve never seen the like's of this.
    T. Barefoot