thumb pot troubles

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by ARCtrooper225, May 20, 2007.

1. Sorry if this has been covered but I'm completely lost here. I recently bought a Thumb BO 5 and one of the pots doesn't work. In all honesty, I'm not sure what the knob does. It's the bottom one and it's like a knob within a knob. The knob can keep turning with no stopping point, and doesn't affect the bass's tone at all. My bass has also been cutting out at random times. Can anyone shed some light on this prediciment:help:

2. Beta

Beta

May 9, 2007
    The stacked knob is your bass/treble pot.

The first thing to try is find a precision screwdriver of the appropriate size and make sure the set screws that hold the knob to the shaft are tight.

You might also make sure that the volume knob isn't pulled up. Pulling it up defeats the tone controls.

As for the jack, I've read (here, mostly) that Warwick basses often have jack problems, so that may be the source of the random cutout.

If nothing I've said helps, either take it back to where you bought it, if it was from a store, or take it to a tech.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 3, 2021