1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thunderbird Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TBird1958, Feb 18, 2014.

1. TBird1958

TBird1958 As a matter of fact....I am your Queen! Staff Member

Mar 13, 2008
    Seattle Washington
    Endorsing Artist Mike Lull T Bass pickups
    He has to be one of the funniest guys on the planet! Had dinner with him a couple times, best evening ever!
    The Bird is 86, before the re-issue, big headstock, '70s wings, black hardware, note the tuners.

2. The tuners look like Schallers.

GBassNorth and PillO like this.
  3. Check this video out:
    Why hide glue is best for this cracked neck | stewmac.com
    I’ve used hide glue for a few repairs over the last year couple of years. Once you’re set up, it’s no big deal.

Miles_ONeal, dagrev, Klondike and 4 others like this.
  4. Perhaps the most amusing thing about Frankfurt is that the Frankfurt Marriot is at the end of Hamburger Allee.

5. Chucky Stiletti

Chucky Stiletti Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2017
    Santa Cruz, CA
    crazy people...
    C34A210F-034B-4793-92F3-3FD91507DEA8.jpeg
    2ED23879-755C-497B-A894-D92BD4D7EF73.jpeg

6. Engle, Larry V, dagrev and 4 others like this.
  7. Chucky Stiletti

Chucky Stiletti Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2017
    Santa Cruz, CA
    more so than Moselstrasse?...priorities.....

Last edited: May 3, 2021 at 5:55 PM
  8. Bassmike62

Bassmike62 Punch'n Ooomph provider Supporting Member

That blue Ripper (or Grabber ?) is pretty cool.
    What's that white Fender Dimension-ishy bass ?

Engle, PillO, TBird1958 and 4 others like this.
  9. Thumper

Thumper

Mar 22, 2000
    Syracuse Ut
    Since I no longer have bass GAS, I have been investing in, and experimenting with some pedals. After I asked my question today, I found close to the tone I was looking for. ThunderJazz into Markbass CMD 112, both PUPs on full, tone wide open. TC Spark Booster Gain 1/8, Bass 5/8, Level 1/2, Treble 1/2, Switch at Mid. Boss CEB-3 (chorus) ELEVEL 3/4, Low Filter 1/4, Rate 1/4, Depth 1/2. I'll have to see if the sound works as well in my gig rig (at practice) on Thursday, but I'm loving it on my home rig.

10. Klondike

Klondike

Dec 22, 2014
    Joliet, IL. USA
    I think I might consider a ultra light CA glue and an air compressor(low preasure/low volume) to "push" it in deaper, maybe titebond with the air too. Would have to do a bunch of video watching on yout ube befor final decision. or a luthier, just saying.

GBassNorth, dagrev and PillO like this.
  11. Klondike

Klondike

Dec 22, 2014
    Joliet, IL. USA
    Those are surprisingly useful. Harbor freight even has one for about $7 that I use quite frequently. I have both.

Engle, Larry V, GBassNorth and 2 others like this.
  12. Klondike

Klondike

Dec 22, 2014
    Joliet, IL. USA
    I have never heard of this band, what a cool concert! I will be checking out more of their music, thanks for the new band!

13. Klondike

Klondike

Dec 22, 2014
    Joliet, IL. USA
    then I remembered Hide Glue, that might be better still. lots to consider.

GBassNorth, dagrev and PillO like this.
  14. KaraQ

KaraQ

Apr 19, 2020
    Sacramento, CA
    It was that way when I bought it. It was new, had been damaged in shipping? I guess. Figured I could use it for parts if nothing else. Came with one of these:

20201109_021524.jpg

Which is what presumably led to this:

20201109_021637.jpg

But, other than having to re-glue the string nut the first time I changed the strings, it's not caused any issues.

15. TBird1958

TBird1958 As a matter of fact....I am your Queen! Staff Member

Mar 13, 2008
    Seattle Washington
    Endorsing Artist Mike Lull T Bass pickups
    That's a "Shadow" Q-80, piezo pick up, crazy. People (mistakenly) think that Gibson never innovated anything concerning bass guitars - How wrong they are!

16. dagrev

dagrev Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Kentucky
    Thanks. I read something about this when I first got the bass as I considered glue options. Being lazy at times I was looking for something less involved. Yeah, I can be that lazy. This does seem like the best option. I saved the link and will rethink this. The glue would have to be about like water to get into the crack, as I just can't get it open without fear of permanately opening it up!

PillO and GBassNorth like this.
  17. dagrev

dagrev Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Kentucky
    I like the compressed air idea given the crack is tight even with pressure to open it up a little.

18. There might be more crack repair videos on that site.

dagrev, PillO and GBassNorth like this.
  19. The thing with hide glue is you can thin it down and if you heat the wood, it helps the glue flow.

Gaolee, dagrev, PillO and 2 others like this.
  20. My EBO has had a crack in the body- lower bottom bout for decades. One day I’ll glue it!

dagrev, PillO and GBassNorth like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021