1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thunderbird Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TBird1958, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Klondike

Klondike

Dec 22, 2014
    Joliet, IL. USA
    Because the neck is similar to what my BaCH had I can't help but wonder if that opens when presure is applied to the face of the HS, or is it only a surface crack. the chunk on top has to be repairable, assuming you care about that.??

dagrev, PillO, MCF and 1 other person like this.
  2. KaraQ

KaraQ

Apr 19, 2020
    Sacramento, CA
    It flexes a bit :nailbiting: - but I haven't tried pressing it very much, don't want to make it worse.

The top chip....I probably won't worry about it. If I ever have it refinished, that, and probably the crack, will be fixed then :thumbsup:

3. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    :D In a coupla those pics, it looks like you're saying "look, over there" just b4 making a bee line outta there with whatever beauty you're holding.

Miles_ONeal, Gaolee, Engle and 6 others like this.
  4. I'm sure that's not far from the truth.

5. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Yeah, I know V wouldn't, but OMG the temptation(s).

Gaolee, Engle, PillO and 1 other person like this.
  6. Chucky Stiletti

Chucky Stiletti Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2017
    Santa Cruz, CA
    “Kein Offizier, so sieht es nicht aus “...

Engle, PillO, MCF and 2 others like this.
  7. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Yeah, easy for you to say.:confused:

8. My buddy Zap(Keith) plays Thunderbirds and owns two R's of his own. A burst Gibson TBIV and burst Epi VP. When he saw my PB NR, his eyes lit up and he asked me if he could "have it"... I said he could play it anytime he'd like. That was quite a few months ago and when my kids were invited to sit in with his band for a couple of songs this past weekend, I brought it for him to play. He had a great time with it and sadly, the recording doesn't do its monstrous tone justice. Here's a vid with a couple of songs from their performance.

Cybil & the Beast - YouTube

Here's the vid where my kids, Dom and Dave sat in on drums and bass. Dom played my TBIV which I'm sure will be his bass eventually. :laugh:

Last edited: May 4, 2021 at 6:37 AM
  9. dagrev

dagrev Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Kentucky
    Thanks. I'll look around a little.
    I do like the hide glue for the reasons you stated.
    This crack might look scary to some, but it's actually not going anywhere. If it does, I've got some great PUs to put in something (the 06 Gibson?!) and some hardware to sell out of it.

Miles_ONeal, PillO and MCF like this.
  10. dagrev

dagrev Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Kentucky
    Exactly my situation as well. Things could go north pretty quickly.

Last edited: May 4, 2021 at 7:57 AM
    Miles_ONeal, PillO, MCF and 2 others like this.
  11. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    :thumbsup::bassist: I noticed on the YT video the lighting makes the NR look blue.:bag:

Last edited: May 4, 2021 at 12:09 PM
  12. Up here in Canaduh, we say things could go South..:laugh:

GBassNorth, PillO, Rezdog and 2 others like this.
  13. superdick2112

superdick2112 Mile High Bassist Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2010
    The Centennial State
    About the time Gibson was making the Explorer basses with piezo-only pickups, Jackson was building Concert Basses with piezo-only pickups too.
    I had a pair of the Jacksons - one in yellow tiger, the other in pink - and they sounded great.
    I wish I'd kept at least one of them.... :(

GBassNorth, Engle, PillO and 2 others like this.
  14. dagrev

dagrev Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Kentucky
    Indeed!:D

GBassNorth, Engle and PillO like this.
  15. MCF

MCF

Sep 1, 2014
    US
    Cool vids Larry! Your kids are great. And the PB NR in action is very cool. Your friend is obviously having a blast.

Nocturnal, Gaolee, GBassNorth and 4 others like this.
  16. Thanks and YES! Zap is always having fun! Luv that guy!

Nocturnal, Gaolee, GBassNorth and 4 others like this.
  17. TBird1958

TBird1958 As a matter of fact....I am your Queen! Staff Member

Mar 13, 2008
    Seattle Washington
    Endorsing Artist Mike Lull T Bass pickups
    If you like flats and thump don't listen, this is all Rounds and clank

18. The Thunderbird didn’t make the trip to the boat this time..We are catching trophies though..just put a 44 inch one in the box.Today is better weather than yesterday.We had to dodge a few storms.
    EC18CC0A-CB01-4F44-8693-59DCD0383776.jpeg 1C573660-7062-4AC1-A8BF-0E733AE59D13.jpeg

19. dagrev

dagrev Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Kentucky
    Check our that bass player! Now that's color coordination with Style!:thumbsup:

20. dagrev

dagrev Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Kentucky
    Just getting to the first pic and seeing trees just beyond the boat and seeing the bottle of MM, I was wondering if you emptied it and thought you left the dock. The second pick clearly shows you did, or you've trained those suckers to hop in! It's always a nice haul when you catch fish the size of elementary school kids!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021