Timmy C Discovery!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Petary791, May 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I got the new Audioslave album, Out of Exile, today. I opened it up, and I looked under where the CD goes and there's a pic of his board! This is only 1 of 3, but i'll tell you what I saw.

1. Super Octave
    2. Sadowsky Preamp (I'm pretty sure it says Sadowsky)
    3. Loooper or A/B pedal of some sort. There's 2 buttons, no knobs, and 4 cords going into it.
    4. Aphex Punch Factory
    5. A VERY large pedal that says "FEAR THIS". My guess is that this is his uber overdrive pedal.
    6. DC Brick
    7. Two Dunlop 105Q Bass Wahs with some sort of wood or something connecting them.

This may open a door to something...
  2. xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    i also bought that CD yesterday and noticed that. pretty cool. be nice to know what he has on the other boards...

you like the tracks? i thought they were pretty good.. still very rage riffs.
  3. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Well I've listened to them on crap speakers, I need headphone goodness.

I'll report back tomorrow after school.
  4. Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Dec 30, 2001
    Boston MA
    he uses alot of decoy pedals too,and he also adjusts his pickups with his guitar tech.
  5. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Yep I have heard that he winds his own pickups.
  6. I've been trying to get a similar effects "playground" going for a little while inspired mainly by rage. It's nice that he didn't ditch all of the fun stuff with Audioslave. I actually went with a true stereo custom bass to add to the fun. Can't wait to hear the album myself! :hyper:
  7. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I heard he mines the ore for his strings in the mountains of Montana.
  8. he has a boss delay pedal u can BARELY see the knobs of in the upper left hand corner (hes always had 1, this is the 1st thing is signal hits b4 the splitter) and also another sort of routing/splitting box by that...im guessing he uses the drive on the oc-3 as his middle of the road overdrive, seeing as i cant hear the octave pedal being used ever (unless my headphones are THAT bad)...the sadowsky preamp guess IS accurate
  9. fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer

they say he carved his bass from a BIGGER bass
  10. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Woah, man. Give me a link, I like totally "got to cop Tim Tim's tone".

I think Tim Commerford is pulling everyone's leg when he mentioned his modifications to his equipment.
  11. Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    Yeah... And I wind my own instrument cable! :)
  12. Corbis

Corbis Guest

Feb 19, 2003
    Wamego KS
    He created a time machine went back in time and made his bass from the wood of the first bass ever created.
  13. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Decoy pedals :confused: :eyebrow:
  14. in an interveiw w/ BassPlayer, he said something along the lines of "u wouldnt be able to figure out my board even if u saw it, theres cables on there that dont even DO anything" (which wouldnt surprise me, the picture shows how FREAKING MESSY his board is...) but yeh, he has @ least 2 signal routing devices on his board, and looking @ that mess, theres no clue as to what goes where...
  15. Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    Best Timmy C voice;Yeah, so like I mountain bike, and people are like, "whoa man what if you wrecked on your messiah infused, beautifully dextrous hands?" And I am like "well thats what being Tim Commerford is all about, I live on the edge babe".

Timmy C can screw off!

I love his tone and style, but the guy is a total chotch (rhymes with crotch).

He is really, really afraid some kid in Japan is gonna rip off his tone.
  16. Craggsy

May 24, 2005
  17. lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    because maybe the pedals are only the shells and are alot modified?? I think its the total of the rig from tims which builds his sounds.. from his PU's to the speaker cones
  18. lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    It could be cool if someone could share us the pic via scanning
  19. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    When I get home from school I will for ya.

20. lowmid

Feb 2, 2005

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.