Tips for playing a showcase for a label

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by IIIBossonsIII, May 11, 2012.

1. IIIBossonsIII

IIIBossonsIII

Nov 17, 2011
    Cheshire,UK
    Hey guys I recived an awesome email the other day from a small indie label in Manchester, England. Apparently one of their talent scout found my band and think we're worth listening to. anyway long story short we are playing a gig supporting one of their acts on a tour date. They want to use the opportunity to listen to what we've got as they're looking for some new acts to sign. do you guys have any tips on what we should do in order to give the best impression? Thanks guys :)

2. livinitup0

livinitup0

Dec 22, 2011
    Do some homework on this outfit to make sure they're on the up and up and you're not wasting time.

...and if they say one word about you guys investing ny sort of money run like hell.

If it all checks out then play the best show you've ever played and pray like hell they love you.

Ps
    Id also make sure these guys arent using the "Oh we're going to sign some people" excuse just to book some free music.

3. If they are on the up and up play your best songs that you think would warrant radio air time they will be looking for hits. If they like you get a entertainment lawyer to look over everything and anything they ask you to sign!

4. lfmn16

lfmn16 Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2011
    charles town, wv
    Send them a demo tape or a youtube clip

Any money or are you playing for free and bringing your crowd?

Sorry to be so cynical, but any time something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I hope for your sake they are not just getting a free opening act.

5. IIIBossonsIII

IIIBossonsIII

Nov 17, 2011
    Cheshire,UK
    Cheers for the help guys I see what you mean :/ There's been no talk of money yet but we are expected to bring at least 20 people. Normally at this venue a percentage of each ticket goes to the band

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 25, 2021