1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tobias 6 string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rockbobmel, Feb 19, 2005.

1. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

Anyone looking for a used Toby 6 ?? There is one at the local shop for $1,040. I think. It is Dark Red/Cranberry and looks pretty good. I don't know anything about them, but the small chain store is owned by GC, and if it does not sell, it will be shipped out to a real GC. If interested, I can get the details.

2. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    You can get a new one for $629.

3. Rockbobmel

I am pretty sure this is the real handmade Tobias.

4. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

If it's a 'real' Tobias, then it's not a Toby! That would explain the price. I hope they are not advertising it as a Toby if it's a real Tobias and I hope they are not representing it as a 'real' Tobias if it's not! Damn, I'm confusing myself!! :confused:

5. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Details and a pic maybe??

6. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    Nope.

7. Rockbobmel

That was my own slang. I was just calling it that, not knowing that there was such a thing as "Toby"........ It is a highly poliched neck-thru with multi lam neck. Like I said, If someone REALLY wants it, I'll go through the trouble to hook them up. There's nothing in it for me at all.

8. Well here's a good way of checking out if its a legit Tobias...all the original Tobias made before the Gibson take over fall under the serial numbers 001-2480 (Im not right on target with the last serial number but its in that ballpark) anything after that is Gibson...so what's the serial number on the bass?