Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tobias 6 string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rockbobmel, Feb 19, 2005.

1. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

Anyone looking for a used Toby 6 ?? There is one at the local shop for $1,040. I think. It is Dark Red/Cranberry and looks pretty good. I don't know anything about them, but the small chain store is owned by GC, and if it does not sell, it will be shipped out to a real GC. If interested, I can get the details.

2. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    You can get a new one for $629.

3. Rockbobmel

I am pretty sure this is the real handmade Tobias.

4. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

If it's a 'real' Tobias, then it's not a Toby! That would explain the price. I hope they are not advertising it as a Toby if it's a real Tobias and I hope they are not representing it as a 'real' Tobias if it's not! Damn, I'm confusing myself!! :confused:

5. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Details and a pic maybe??

6. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    Nope.

7. Rockbobmel

That was my own slang. I was just calling it that, not knowing that there was such a thing as "Toby"........ It is a highly poliched neck-thru with multi lam neck. Like I said, If someone REALLY wants it, I'll go through the trouble to hook them up. There's nothing in it for me at all.

8. Well here's a good way of checking out if its a legit Tobias...all the original Tobias made before the Gibson take over fall under the serial numbers 001-2480 (Im not right on target with the last serial number but its in that ballpark) anything after that is Gibson...so what's the serial number on the bass?