Tokai Jazz / Tobias Growler 4

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Carey, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Carey

Jan 18, 2002
    Redlands, CA
    Hello everyone.
    I have a couple basses I have to unload. It's getting a little crowded here.

1) This is a Korean Tokai, not an original. Still, it is a pretty smokin bass. I refretted it with banjo size wire for a vintage broken in feel, and I installed my NJ4 pickups. It's about as nice a Jazz bass as you'll find anywhere.

It has Shaller tuners on it and a non vintage style bridge. Currently it has a fresh set of DR Sunbeams on it and it is set up for medium low action. It can be adjusted to taste. The finish is nearly flawless, and the pickguard has some light scratches on it.

Really a very nice Jazz bass. I'd keep it, but I found an original 1980 pre lausuit Tokai, so I don't need this one anymore.

$600/ offer plus shipping. Includes a basic gig bag.

2) This is a Gibson Tobias Growler 4 string. But don't let that scare you away!

It's been refinished (by me) in a nice satin urethane which is much more durable than the original oil finish. The neck has been carved down to a very comfortable version of the assymetrical shape, and I smoothed out the fret ends and installed a new nut.

The bass plays great, sounds great, and is in better than new condition except for the surface of the pickup which shows a little wear if you're very very picky.

$800 / offer plus shipping. Includes a basic gig bag.

Nice pics at the link below.
    Let me know if you have any questions, and thanks for looking!

See the for sale section on my site for pics.
  2. Carey

Jan 18, 2002
    Redlands, CA
    Tokai sold, pending payment.
    Tobias possibly sold...