Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

tones

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MCBTunes, Jan 25, 2005.

1. I dont understand the tone lingo.

I've been searching two basses that I have interest in but have never played.
    Bongo-tone is warm and deep or cutting music man sound
    Lakland 44-02- is warm

Then people say they are 2 different animals. Can anyone help me describe that the tone differences mean? the only difference i see is the bongo can get better highs?

to me there is 2 sounds warm and deep, like out of a 15" speaker or cutting like out of a 10" speaker. (so you see the picture)

2. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Its something you understand without thinking of it, It comes when you spend more time with more basses...

That being said, The Music Mans have more Growl and Bark to them then the Lakland, The lakland has a rich and Full sound. The Music man has Full sound also, but not as "Full" as the Lakland.

Think of the Lakland as having a "Thick" sound, just a sound you could imaging biting.

The Music man ALSO has a "Thick" sound, but with more of an attack to it.

Its kinda hard to explain... Maybe someone else will explain it better than I could.

3. talking about tone is like dancing about architecture.........

to some extent