1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Too much synth?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by melodiaopus, Feb 15, 2013.

1. melodiaopus

melodiaopus Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2007
    Austin, TX
    I bought a Moog Low Pass Filter, Moog Ring Modulator, and I'm waiting on the MarkBass SuperSynth. I have a feeling a I went a little overboard with the synth pedals. What do y'all think? I might be selling both my Moogs if the MarkBass SuperSynth is badass.

2. You're asking a very biased crowd... We'll always say "That's nothing! I've got 6 times that many pedals. And, if they're not from a boutique pedal maker, then they're total garbage" and "if it sounds good, then you don't have too many."

3. melodiaopus

melodiaopus Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2007
    Austin, TX
    So what you're saying is that my pedal obsession is justifiable? Does anyone have any good settings for the LPF?

4. Braddock

Braddock

Aug 13, 2010
    East Kentucky
    I have a synth obsession to an extent but it isn't with pedals. I am really into 70's and 80's analog synthesizers. Your obsession doesn't have to be justifiable at all to anyone but yourself. So too much synth? If it is your passion and what you are really into, then NO WAY! It could never be too much! That is my 2 cents.

5. BassIsFun17

BassIsFun17 Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Atlanta
    i have purposely forced myself to narrow it down to certain pedals. that includes an EHX Bass micro synth XO. It is modded to have an expression pedal to control the stop frequency. so i have alot of versatility out of that one pedal. i love using delay with synth. Soon i can see myself exploring synthesizer keyboards.

6. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    As a synth lover, I would be more inclined to dump the Markbass and buy a third Moog pedal. ;)

7. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol

Why do you need to justify yourself?
    As long as you're not spending someone else's money, you only need to justify what you buy to yourself. If you think you have too many pedals, you probably do.
    I've had over 10 pedal synths at a time.

8. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    Use whatever and how ever much sounds good to you.

9. Phagor

Phagor

Mar 26, 2002
    London, UK
    That setup will be awesome. The Markbass filter section is a bit difficult to control - you can program some synth patches without a filter envelope and use the Moog LPF after it - that's how I use my Super Synth, with a Xerograph Deluxe.