1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Top 10 Things You'll Never Understand About A Musician

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Richland123, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    49774178_10218723267378691_5581467446063136768_n.?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-1.

2. bassdude51

bassdude51 "You never even called me by my name." Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Central Ohio
    Should be #1 for the 10 things............

How are they able to make a living.
    Street_musician.

kobass and Richland123 like this.
  3. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

:thumbsup:

4. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    I may be a musician, but #1 is kind of iffy...

larryatravis and soulman969 like this.
  5. zontar

zontar

Feb 19, 2014
    J-5
    Hmm, let's see--good list.
    Most of it fits me.

I've wanted to play guitar for as long as I can remember--even as a small child--and so #1 wouldn't have applied--I would have had no idea what that meant.

#2 sure, being famous may have some perks--but the level of fame was never my goal--it was more about having enough to make a living at it--play concerts, make recordings, etc.--so the fame wasn't the goal--it was a tool in a sense.

#3 I have been called weird--both in an affectionate or endearing way & in an insulting way.

#4 I have made big decisions in my life not he basis of music--They haven't always been the best decisions I could have made or worked out well--but it is a part of who I am.

#5 True--although I don't think I eve reached that level--but I get what it means. And for what I do & what role music plays in my life--I guess I am successful in some ways.

#6 Some people don't get it--because they don't get it, or they don't like it.

#7-in a variety of ways

#8 I find even among musicians some seem to hold to this and don't realize there are more levels--even though they are somewhere in between--so I can have patience with non musicians who think that way

#9--sometimes I can just listen to a song as a listener & nothing else--but I have to try--and even then I sometimes think about it--but I still get a lot of enjoyment out of music.

#10--this is my #1--it's in me & it's got to come out (& then it refills)

6. Agreed. It was sure as hell in the mix when I started out.....and it worked too. :D

ituobrey likes this.