Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trace Elliot...rack mountable??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 43% burnt, Mar 22, 2005.

1. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    This is my amp...can i take it out of its case and throw it in a rack? If so, where do i get rack ears to fit it?

I want to start a rack system. with a tuner and a sans amp to start...Am i better off keeping the amp seperate since its pretty heavy on its own?

Attached Files:

2. Basspolizei

Basspolizei Pseudo bass player/collector Gold Supporting Member

Jun 23, 2004
    US
    Buy basses and lots of guns before it's too late! You have been warned.
    Nice taste in amplification.......Good enough for Steve Harris, good enough for anyone! Now, that being said, IMO leave it as is and start your new rack system separate from the (already protected) head. Heavy enough as you stated so start your next endeavors in a new rack. Save your back and your nice head at the same time! Good luck......bassman

3. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    yeah what he said.

Basically I would keep it as is... should you need more juice, I would just get a QSC PLX and rack mount that, then run just the pre out to the pwr amp.

4. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    +1

Keep the head as is for your integrated head setup and create a separate preamp/power amp setup with the rack.

I have an AH300 in a case like yours and i have a separate Trace rack setup with a Trace pre and a Trace power amp.

5. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Thats interesting...i know alot of people run this type of setup. what exactly are the advantages of running the pre out to a seperate power amp? and would i use my AH250 as pre or power?

6. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    +2! Just look for a TE preamp and set it up with poweramo of whatever wattage you want/need.

43%, you would use your original head as a pre out to a poweramp. The advantage is being able to keep your tone but add as much power as you like.