1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Trace Elliot V8

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Sliderbass, Oct 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sliderbass

Sliderbass Dr. Bass, The best cabinet you'll NEVER own!

Up for grabs here is a Trace Elliot V8 in mint condition with less than 15 hours playing time. It is very clean and has lived most of its life in a road case. Everything is original, even the XLR output jack. It is fully functional with no issues. Since records are hard to come by I will not state anything about the serial number other than listing it in the photos. Also included are two cases for the amp.

IMG_8014_zpsee4b57bc.

IMG_8018_zps96e5422c.

IMG_8019_zps879200a0.

IMG_8017_zps55d95499.

IMG_8016_zps8fd0bb97.

IMG_8022_zpsd609f0f2.

IMG_8023_zpse9af7607.

Again, there is NOTHING wrong with this head. It's just collecting dust here (well not really as its in a case but you get what I meanÂ…).

I would prefer not to ship this however I will ship but the cost will be on YOU. I will have it packed and shipped by whatever means the new owner prefers. If you're on the east coast, we can work something out as I've been known to drive a pretty good distance to avoid shipping issues.

I'm looking for $4800.00 plus the cost of shipping. This is the cleanest V8 I've ever seen but don;t listen to me, look at the pix.

2. SactoBass

SactoBass A retired civil engineer who likes all-tube amps! Supporting Member

Holy cannoli!

The venerable, elusive, and unbelievably scarce Trace Elliot V8! These are so rare that even the CIA doesn't know of their existence!

The last one I saw for sale was at a price higher than this, and it was not in as good a shape as this one. Dang, this one is friggin mint!

Free bump for a very upstanding TB'er and one of the greatest bass amps ever created by mankind.

3. DJJazzV

DJJazzV Gambling is illegal at Bushwood sir... Supporting Member

May 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    Say it ain't so!!!!

That V8 is as mint as possible.

4. Do you need a spare kidney? It'd be worth it...

5. How did you like this amp paired up with your F215?

6. SactoBass

He's in Maryland, and I'm in California, and I could hear (and feel) him playing that rig! (if that's any indication) :eek::eek::eek:

7. demon666

demon666

Jul 16, 2005
    Providence RI
    Hey that looks just like mine, but in better shape.

8. Sliderbass

I thought you "left coasters" were used to the ground moving...:bag:

9. Major bum for the trace elliot v-8 cream of the crop all tube power bass amp.

I could of had a V-8. I settled for an SVT classic & dropped it off a dolly last year and now it works when it wants too! Gotta get around to fixing it. *ugh* Last v-8 I saw was in canada and would you believe they dude wouldnt deliver it personaly. The nerve of some people.

10. SactoBass

LOL! Yeah, I grew up in Southern California where C3PO would be right at home saying "this floor is not entirely stable". But now that I'm in the Sacramento area, things are a bit less wobbly.

Free bump for "da bomb" amp!

11. JGR

JGR The "G" is for Gustav Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    President, CEO, CFO, CIO, Chief Engineer, Technician, Janitor - Reiner Amplification
    Bump

Not that this head needs any kind of endorsement, but it is really, really impressive. This one is immaculate and I'd own it if I could afford it.

12. I'm tempted...

13. I wish I could afford to be tempted...

14. dream_theater

dream_theater

May 8, 2012
    Santa Barbara
    Instrumental Music

There was an earthquake in May this year here in Santa Barbara that woke me up at 7am. Immediately looked over to my basses hanging on hooks and watched as they swayed back and forth.

Bump for an amp I'll never have.

15. sleevey55

sleevey55 Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Billings Montana
    Man, you got some serious tube heads !!! Must be a strong dude!

16. Sliderbass

...and I have a bad neck/back as well... Could they be related? :eek:

17. Apple2Root

Apple2Root

Nov 24, 2013
    BOING!!!

18. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    I want to cry just looking at this. So very beautiful. The things I would do...

19. Sliderbass

The V8 is going back in the closet. Its officially off the market...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.