1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Transcription, Chambers solo on "Trane's Blues"

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by james88, Feb 21, 2008.

1. james88

james88

Feb 21, 2008
    Was just wondering if anyone has done a transcription of Paul Chambers solo on "Trane's Blues" that they could maybe post or mail me?? I'm going for a university audition and would like to just check it against mine for all the little details. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

2. Greg Clinkingbeard

Greg Clinkingbeard

Apr 4, 2005
    Kansas City area
    KC Strings
    I've got Jim Stinnett's transcription that I will scan and email in a pdf. Shoot me your email by PM.

3. Greg Clinkingbeard

Greg Clinkingbeard

Apr 4, 2005
    Kansas City area
    KC Strings
    Man,
    I've been working on this, but my scanner software is screwing up. I've got part of it to the HP software and part to Word, but you won't be able to make much sense of it.
    I'm out the door to a gig so i'll work on it tomorrow.
    Greg

4. The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Dec 3, 2008
    I know this is an old thread but i'm actually writing an essay on this solo for the jazz course I'm doing and I'm just wondering if anyone has any relevant background information on the tune/album/solo anything relevant to the solo basically.

5. Yeah...Paul picks up his bass, plays a 12 bar blues with the other cats....Puts bass back down and drinks a beer.

6. Hooo PDub...

Coldblooded

Very chilly in here right now...but funny!

7. Thanks Trey...Chilly, but more than likely true.

Good pickins' around here today.

8. Alexi David

Alexi David

May 15, 2003
    NYC
    It probably wasn't a beer.............