1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Transparency.

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Scionreality, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Scionreality

Scionreality

Dec 18, 2007
    Akron, Ohio
    There was an internet podcast group at the show we played last weekend and they recorded one track from each of the bands, and when I listened to them I noticed that my bass sounded VERY trebbly. All highs, some mids, and no bass. :bawl:

Now, I'm certainly not a smiley-faced EQ kinda guy, but what I heard was -not- me, and really annoying. The other bands' basses sounded deep, but kind of mushy and bland for the most part. But they had lows.

My question is, is there a way to help ensure that my sound gets through the FOH without being gutted? This has happened twice now, and if there's a way to avoid it I'd like to.

Best part is: guy giving me all the trebble was wearing a Rush shirt. Maybe he's for Niel, 'cuz the drums sounded great.