Trashed or given away

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by StringMan50, Nov 16, 2005.

1. StringMan50

Jan 12, 2004
    What gear have trashed or given away over the years?
  2. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I have a feeling your question needs some editing. :D

But personally, i haven't trashed anything. Right now i'm converting a fretted guitar, to a fretless. So far so good!

Mark Wilson
  3. abngourmet

abngourmet Gold Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2004
    I almost gave away my '94 MIJ Jazz with Seymours and a Badass. Might still do so if I find the right person someday. And yes, I can hear it now already ... "Hey, I'm the right person!" ;)
  4. Then you'll have an excuse to buy something new. :)
  5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Gave away my old Samick five-string to a kid who wanted to learn to play.

Trashed my first bass trying to turn it into a fretless and refinish it...its parts are around here somewhere.
  6. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    ha, I'm a 15 year old looking for a new 4 string...

just kidding, I have my heart set on a hotrod SX, and I wouldn't let anybody give me a bass just like that, I'd somehow manage to slip them some money for it no matter what!

7. Templar

Templar Supporting Member

I have this 90 lb Genz Benz 115 combo that plays the sound of the fan for me. Plug in an extension cab, and it's noisier than the flight deck of an aircraft carrier.

I'm going to wheel that incredible POS out to the dumpster, as soon as I'm done throwing darts at it!
  8. poundround

Mar 8, 2005
    Lynchburg VA
    I trashed my GT preamp after it got droped inside my rack about 10 feet. Funny thing, it was the only thing that got busted.