Travel from Cuba to Florida.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Oddly, Mar 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Oddly

Oddly

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    As I've discovered, TB has experts on everything.
    Hopefully one of them will see this...
    A simple question but one it seems almost impossible to get a definitive answer to...

My daughter and son, both Irish citizens, are planning a vacation to Cuba this summer. They'd like to visit my sister in Florida on the way back to Ireland. There seems to be confusion with any travel agents they talk to about whether they can do this easily and without flying say to the Bahamas first.
    They'd like a definitive answer and aren't interested in evading any legal requirements.

So, TB, any takers?

2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Things had been thawing for a while, but no clue where they stand with the current regime. Good luck, I bet someone on here knows.

Oddly likes this.
  3. toowrongfoo

toowrongfoo

Nov 25, 2017
    Cuba is very new to the US. Though, it seems strange that there is an issue from Cuba to Florida. That would seem like one of the most natural stops.

4. Pug the Pig

Pug the Pig Inactive

Mar 21, 2018
    London
    Traditionally, you just press a pistol to the pilot's head and say " take this plane to Cuba.."

5. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    Hmm. I thought that was the historical way to get to Lebanon.

Pug the Pig likes this.
  6. Wood and Wire

Wood and Wire

Jul 15, 2017
    It's not that widely known, but for decades there has been a weekly flight from Miami to Cuba - mostly people visiting relatives.

Probably their best bet is to go to Florida first, and catch that as a round trip, then get their return flight from Florida, back home.

Otherwise I think you're looking at going from Europe, to Cuba, then either back to Europe, or possibly South America, before heading in to the U.S.

7. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    If the direct flight option is not an option, look into flights to and from Pearson Airport in Toronto. A bit out of the way, but perhaps not as out of the way as South America!

I hear you can charter boats out of Havana heading to Florida!