1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

TRBJP2 electronics/p-up problem

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by LowBHighC, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Hi everyone. I'm experiencing intermittent rumbling/crackling noise coming from my TRBJP2. I've changed the battery, tested it with different amps, cables and direct boxes, so I'm pretty much sure the noise is coming from the bass itself. I also figured out, it's coming from either one of the pickups on irregular occurrences. When I slide the pan knob completely to the bridge pickup, the noise goes off. Then suddenly it would come back again and I'll slide the pan completely towards the neck pickup to eliminate the noise. The noise starts after 30 minutes to about an hour of plugging in the bass, goes away and comes back irregularly. Anyone who has a clue what's causing it? If either the preamp or the pickup is damaged, is it possible to acquire a new one from Yamaha? Since I want to retain the original electronics set-up of the bass. Your opinions are greatly appreciated. Thank you.