Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TRIBUTE ME!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Coutts_is_god, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    Someone please tell me if the Tribute version is really close to the American version. Is the neck as comfortable and is it as solid?

I must know.

2. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    ITs not going to be the same is it?
    Stupid noobie mistake made by me.

3. I think it has the same electronics as the american versions but don't quote me on it.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    They use electronics from the Fender Ave factory as well as bridge designs. However, the rest of it is made of less expensive materials, but they're still very good instruments, especially for the money.

5. I would've responded earlier, but there is something painful about thread titles all in caps followed by six exclamation points.

What's been said is correct in any case.

6. L-2000
    PICKUPS 2 G&L Magnetic Field humbucking pickups
    BODY WOOD Alder on Standard and all solid finishes, Swamp Ash on all Premier finishes
    NECK WOOD Hard Rock Maple with Rosewood or Maple fingerboard
    NECK RADIUS 12" (304.8mm)
    NECK WIDTH AT NUT 1 3/4" (44.5mm)
    TUNING KEYS Custom G&L "Ultra-Lite" with aluminum tapered string posts
    BRIDGE G&L Saddle Lock
    CONTROLS G&L Tri-Tone active/passive electronics, 3-way mini-toggle pickup selector, series/parallel mini-toggle, preamp control mini-toggle (off/on/on with high end EQ boost)
    FINISH Standard finishes included
    OTHER Chrome hardware; no pickguard; G&L molded hardcase included

Tribute L-2000
    PICKUPS 2 Fullerton-made G&L Magnetic Field Design humbucking pickups
    BODY WOOD Basswood on Standard versions, Swamp Ash on Premium versions
    NECK WOOD Hard Rock Maple with Rosewood or Maple fingerboard
    NECK RADIUS 12" (304.8mm)
    NECK WIDTH AT NUT 1 3/4" (44.5mm)
    TUNING KEYS Open-back traditional tuners
    BRIDGE G&L designed Saddle Lock bridge with nickel plated die-cast saddles.
    CONTROLS G&L Tri-Tone active/passive electronics, 3-way mini-toggle pickup selector, series/parallel mini-toggle, preamp control mini-toggle (off/on/on with high frequency EQ boost)
    OTHER G&L Deluxe Gig Bag included in USA (Outside USA please contact your G&L distributor for availability)

Help?

~Ryan

7. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    Sorry I went alittle carzy. See I was playing one yesterday and I almost dropped the 1600 to buy one. Then I thought "My word that is alot of money for a second bass" So I tried other bass'. I Tried a Gibson ripper, Kramer Deluxe bass, an Ibanez, a fender Zone bass. Then I went back to the L2000. I once again almost pulled out some means of payment. Put instead I ran out the store. Then I remember the Tribute. Then I rememberd the difference Between Fender and Squier sometimes. So I thought I'd ask hear.

I beleave I have found my next bass. TRIBUTE!!!

8. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    I think I read somewhere that back of the neck is shaped alittle differently on the tribute. Either that or that the tribute feels alittle flatter. I know it's some minor difference but most people don't seem to be bothered by it. I don't think you can go wrong with the Tribute.

9. JOME77

JOME77

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Don't make the same mistake that I did. I ordered a Tribute L2500 and a USA L1500. I could find absolutely no difference in the feel, sound or quality. As a matter of fact, the Tribute electronics were much quieter than the USA model. The Tribute model also had full shielding in the control and pickup cavites. The USA had NONE! Unfortunately the "Made in Korea" sticker on the back of the Tribute got the better of me and I keep the L1500 USA model and sent back the Tribute. That was about a $800-900 mistake! Go for the Tribute model!

10. chilliwilli

chilliwilli

Aug 17, 2005
    just traded my American deluxe Fender jazz bass for an L-2500

it plays phenomenally well, better than its american made counterpart i thought. I think this is because the neck is a little thicker

11. superfly

superfly

Aug 4, 2004
    Yes, they are great basses for the money. The only thing I've read about them that is negative is that the pots are cheap and get noisy quickly.
    There is a small store nearby me that has about 5 -4 stringers and 3 -5 stringers hanging on their wall.
    Other than the $$ right now, the 1-3/4" nut kind of sticks in the back of my mind. But heck , if it feels good?

12. chilliwilli

chilliwilli

Aug 17, 2005
    The American one has the problem with noise. They had one that i played in the store that was real noisy and didnt feel as good.

Strangely the korean one i tried and traded in for didnt make any noise what so ever. I wondered why and looked inside and lo and behold...... everything was totally shielded. The wires all neatly fell into place too.

So here we have the korean equivalent of a great american bass that has almost all of the same american parts, is quieter, feels better, and is half the price.......

Yea im glad i made the right desicion

13. superfly

superfly

Aug 4, 2004
    Actually I'm talking about the pots getting noisy or scratchey sounding.

14. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Get the Tribute. It's amazing!
    And it's very very solid.

15. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    So I called the store and em now in talking terms with the store on a deal with a new maple with blueburst Tribute L-2000. We're crunching number and due dates and the likes. I'm still not close with talks with other basses. I still haven't had a long interview with a Godin Freeway. I beleave that the Tribute will be my final deal. In the closeing weeks of summer I should be waiting for it. Painfully to come in to the store:D