Tronographic Rusty Box vs Traynor TS-50B settings

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by cataract, Apr 17, 2017.

1. cataract

cataract Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Columbia SC
    As a huge advocate of Tronographic's incredible Rusty Box, I'm wondering if anyone here has taken the time to sit down and compare the settings between the pedal & the Traynor TS-50B to see if they're at all comparable in actual use.

I've scoured Instagram for photos of the amplifier that clearly show how the knobs are set and my plan is to see how that translates into running the Rusty as a preamp bypassing the pre of my rather rare Sunn SB200 combo amplifier.

Just curious to see if anyone else has already done this, and if users of the actual amp can tell me if the results would be precisely the same as playing through the head itself or at all different.

2. Eric!

Eric! Commercial User

Jan 22, 2009
    America's High-Five
    Mojo Hand FX
    Aren't they the exact same circuit?

3. jpTron

jpTron

Apr 19, 2010
    NJ
    I remember reading through the Rusty Box thread on the Electrical Audio forums (it's a HUGE thread) and there were a few posts where the creator of the pedal talked about having prototypes out in the wild with people that owned the amp. The purpose was to get the knobs on the RB acting exactly like the amp.

cataract likes this.
  4. cataract

cataract Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Columbia SC
    Very cool. Looks like I've got my afternoon reading sorted, thanks!

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021