1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Trouble becoming a monthly supporter

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Jefenator, Jan 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Jefenator

Jefenator Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2008
    Oregon
    I've tried a bunch of times with the link at the bottom of this site and I keep getting this message after logging in to PayPal:

Sorry — your last action could not be completed

Any ideas?

2. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    I wish I knew, but as soon as you hit PayPal, their system is out of our scope. I can do some investigating though - what browser and OS are you running?

The usual "clear your cookies and cache" might help if we're lucky...

3. Jefenator

Aug 22, 2008
    Oregon
    I'm on MacOS Sierra using the Chrome browser. I also tried using Safari to no avail.

4. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    The only thing I've been able to find, is that it seems to be an internal error at PayPal. Have you tried again recently?

5. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Just send the money to me and I'll get it to Paul and the gang along with my monthly contribution. ;)

Just a joke. Carry on. :D

6. Jefenator

Aug 22, 2008
    Oregon
    I have not tried recently. I did send a query to PayPal but never heard back.
    The need for me has passed (wound up selling my pickups on Reverb.com).
    Next time I have more heavy duty trading to do, maybe I'll try the one-time year-long subscription and see if that works.

7. Jefenator

Aug 22, 2008
    Oregon
    Finally: success! I happened to have some funds in my PayPal account and that seems to be the key.
    For some reason the credit card option just wouldn't work but paying from the PayPal balance gets it done.