1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Trouble with adjusting neck....

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by bullT, Nov 6, 2006.

1. bullT

bullT

Jan 17, 2006
    First of all, please apologise my english, cos it´s very poor...

My name´s Manuel, and I am from spain, at december I bought my first bass (I am young), in ebay, a Tune, and when I send it to change strings this Sunday, It was said me, that the neck screw, doesn´t work¡
    So, the work done, was putting a credit card sized piece, to increse the height of the neck, but I can´t have a good action, :(
    Well, what can I do¿? the guy I went with the bass was a guitarrist, I think it doesn´t matter, he told me something of sending it to a luthier, is it a expensive operation?

thanks a lot

Manuel

2. I can't think of any screw related problem that a credit card size piece would fix

3. gr8estbassist

gr8estbassist Guest

Oct 9, 2004
    South East
    maybe the truss rod is messed up?

4. eleonn

eleonn

Aug 24, 2006
    Lima - Perú
    Can you post a pic of this credit card sized piece?

5. I think he's saying that the truss rod doesn't work. The "credit card size piece" might be a shim for the neck.

6. maybe ur guitarist friend is a noob and thought all guitars come with the fender shimming screw thingy (cant think of the name)

7. bullT

bullT

Jan 17, 2006
    Yes, I mean that the truss rod, doesn´t work....

What can I do? It´s a expensive repair?
    That guitarrist told me I couldn´t use heavy strings with my bass also...

thanks a lot

8. I would look for a new bass.