Trump Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Benjamin Gramer, Mar 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just came across an old Trump Brand bass. Couldn’t find much info on it other than the brand’s parent company is Bruno & Sons and the Trump brand was operated out of Japan from the ‘60s until about ‘82. Does anyone know any more about the brand itself? Hoping to learn more. B50DFED0-9963-4029-ADBF-868D1E3CD0D7.jpeg F78B64EF-297E-4979-AA74-18917FF55BC5.jpeg F78B64EF-297E-4979-AA74-18917FF55BC5.jpeg

2. vid1900

vid1900

Dec 12, 2019
    Sweet bass!

I used to have one, but it was 70s orange

3. How’d you like it? I haven’t purchased it yet but I’m heavily intrigued....

4. UNICORN BASS

UNICORN BASS

Feb 10, 2016
    Michigan USA
    Wait for it! Trump jokes must be close.

5. I dig it! Looks very Teisco-ish.

zubrycky likes this.
  6. LowEndLobster

LowEndLobster Bass reviewer and youtube dude guy. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 29, 2003
    Northern MA
    They had the best people build those basses. They play the best notes. Ask anyone.

7. spufman

spufman

Feb 7, 2005
    Central CT
    My brother has that same bass. It plays and sounds okay since I set it up, but it left me feeling unsettled.

catcauphonic likes this.
  8. grrg63

grrg63

Dec 14, 2005
    Pittsburgh
    I thought they only came in a burnt orange finish.

9. Looks like it was made for someone with small hands

10. lizardking837

lizardking837

Jan 28, 2009
    That is the best bass in the history of basses. No one makes a better bass than Trump. Buh-lieve me! You've never heard another bass this good!

11. Axstar

Axstar Inactive

Jul 8, 2016
    Scotland.
    Thank you very much, this is a tremendous bass. My father was a brilliant bassist. The best bassist... The best. He taught Leo Fender how to make basses. Yes he did! Very big hands. People don't believe that! And some of my best friends play bass and they're here! ...They all got big hands too.... And if I played bass I would be the best bassist. They wouldn't say that, the haters out there. Because there's always haters! I see them every day. Haters! So they would say 'but he didn't go to Berklee!!'... I know, right? And the thing that bothers me. Bothers me. Really bothers.... Is that if you put a bass in my hand I can play really well. My good friend Duck Dunn taught me everything. Where are you Ducky? He taught me everything. Everything.

12. MIM.

Kwabas, ghill166, Waltsdog and 11 others like this.
  13. br1qbat

br1qbat

Aug 22, 2017
    Marysville, MI
    No one?! I'll do it then....

I bet it sounds Yuuuge.

14. dalkowski

dalkowski Supporting Member

May 20, 2009
    Massachusetts USofA
    Fake. Hardware not gold-plated.

15. Oh boy. So many jokes. So many ways to get banned.

nickpc, Charlzm, rocu and 15 others like this.
  16. vid1900

vid1900

Dec 12, 2019
    Honestly, at the time it was super uncool to have a MIJ bass, so I don't have any fond memories of it. I leveled the frets and sold it to one of my students.

Of course, today it would sell for $$$$ to the right person, just because of the name on the headstock, so if you can get it cheap, don't miss out

17. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    I had one of those, but my cat kept getting grabbed by it.

18. bassdog

bassdog

May 23, 2005
    Atlanta, Ga
    Cool little bass, but I would not want it because I just can't get past that name.

xroads64, John Luka, Artman and 5 others like this.
  19. We have the best basses don't we folks

20. So it's made in Japan, but Mexico paid for it?

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.