1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tuning Question

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by T Sony, Jul 28, 2004.

1. T Sony

T Sony

Mar 5, 2004
    Canada
    Hi guys I had my Mike Pecan Claro Walnut and Eurosonic Medium tension strings installed with my Tail Piece II Cord.

My bass seems to have opened up a ton! Elaborate sound with little effort!

However the bass does go out of tune about a half or whole step flat. Could it be the new strings seasoning?

Could the tail piece cord being not as sturdy as suggested?

It's been about 2-4 days since the install.....

2. I put some new strings on recently, and noticed after a day or so, that they all were about a semi-tone flat - and as I was bringing them back up to pitch, there was an almighty BANG!, and the bridge flew half way across the room…

…the clamp on the tailpiece wire had let go - obviously it had started to slip, and the fact that all the strings were being affected equally, should have warned me! You might want to check yours!

Hope this helps -

- Wil

3. Nothing to worry about....everything is just stretching. You can speed the process a little if you pull on each string with your hand, while facing your bass. NOT TOO AGGRESSIVELY. They will stretch to their max soon.