TV Host Robbed on-air

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DigMe, Aug 12, 2005.

1. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
  2. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
  3. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Darwin Award Candidate!
  4. haha... almost make me want to watch local access tv...

5. Am I the only one disturbed by the fact that these 2 crooks were shown on tv without their permission, without signing the appropriate waivers? The cable tv show should be punished.

6. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca

7. Darwin candidates for sure! :D

Does anyone remember this story about six weeks ago that I believe happened in Las Vegas?

A guy is planning to rob a certain chain restaurant, but cleverly thinks he'll catch everyone off-guard by pretending to apply for a job at the restaurant.

So, they give him a job application which he fills out, then he proceeds to stick the place up.

He gets X amount of cash, then gets away.

Well, only for a short while; this other Darwin candidate put his real name and address on the application. The cops just drove to his house and locked him up. :rollno:

True story.

It takes all kinds, my friends. ;)

8. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    to be eligible, you have to ...die. :meh:
  9. M.D.S.

Nov 8, 2004
    Doesn't this qualify for an honorable mention? I can't remember if you need to have had a risk of being killed to get those...
  10. ArtisFallen

Jul 21, 2004
    thank you. i was about to point that out
  11. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    True... but I did see one on the site where he didn't die.
  12. And winner of the "I wish I could get a Darwin Award" is.......
  13. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    He also left his wallet behind that he had taken out for the job application. :rollno: :p :p :D
  14. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    Yeah, you don't need CSI to catch these people.

15. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    My favourite came from "The Book of Heroic Failures".

Some guy burgled a factory and left his DOG behind! The cops arrived the next morning, let the dog out and followed him about three blocks home, where they arrested his owner in possession of various stolen items. :D
  16. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    There was another one last winter where a guy broke into a store near his house in a ski mask and piled stuff in a huge bag and dragged it away. The police followed the drag marks in the snow to the guys house about a block away.
  17. Did he get the job? :bag:

You just have to remove yourself from the gene pool. Either by dying, or otherwise losing your ability to reproduce... That guy should definately be castrated or something.
  18. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I'm thinking the robber did not know he busted in on a TV show. Then again, in small town Arkansas, Shopping Mania is probably the big deal in town every Thursday night. I like the interview with the lady missing a couple teeth. Classic!

The coyote with his head stuck in a pickle jar was funny. If the people got close enough to identify the jar, they should have been able to capture the coyote.

19. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Proof positive to the theory that life is hard, and life is even harder when you're stupid.
  20. +1 !!! :D

Mike :D