1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Two Sansamp RPM

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gin, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Gin

Gin

Apr 11, 2008
    Manitoba, Canada
    So I'm planning on getting two Sansamp RPM's, currently have the Sansamp RBi that I'm going to trade in for an RPM, so I was just wondering if having two RPMs plugged into one cabinet can give me the privilege to control my top and bottom end or do I have to get another cabinet?

Compressor>RPM>RPM>GK>Ampeg Cab

Thanks!:smug:

2. mrkreuzschlitz

mrkreuzschlitz

Jun 30, 2008
    Dacula, GA
    If you combine them back in, then I don't see why not...

3. Gin

Gin

Apr 11, 2008
    Manitoba, Canada
    Well I've always thought you need to have two cabs to have separate channels for top and bottom end.:bag:

4. Growly Lytes

Growly Lytes

Dec 4, 2009
    Downunder Oz
    Bass player
    Yeah sure you can get the highs & lows going into 1 cab but its supposed to be going into 2 seperate cabs (Bi-amped) 1 does the highs & the other lows. The RBI & RPM rule when paired together.Seperating the Lows from the Highs into 2 seperate cabs is just awesome `BUT you can also have them signals going into 1 cab.
    I wouldnt sell the RBI if i were you, i would keep the RBI & still go ahead & get the RPM & link them together for some over the top Tube Grind.
    The RPM has the Semi Para Mid Control which gives you great control over most of the freq needed. You can easily do this with the RBI & RPM. I mean the RBI is capable of doing what you want to do & if you pair it up with an RPM
    WATCH OUT !! Your gonna have some serious tones there.
    Good luck matey.

5. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    IMHO, it won't work like what I think you intend, at least not well. I have an RPM/ParaDI, and think it is great, but the variable mid EQ will pretty much erase a mid frequency bump in the input signal that is not near the band boosted by it's (variable) center frequency. Futhermore, a single RPM already gives you independent low, mid, and high EQ bands, with the center F of the mid variable. What would a second one in the chain really offer? :confused: