1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TWO SVT410HLF in stereo?!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Guish, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Have anyone tried two SVT410HLF in stereo? I have an Ampeg SVT-4 Pro and I'm wondering what the result could be! I know I'l lose power, but I'm wondering how it would sound! I like the low end of the 410HLF! But I like the "in your face punch" of the 810! And the main reason is: I don't want to carry a 810 all the way in smalls clubs every night! But I want a strong power in bigger scene or in festivals! Would this be an option? If not, what else could be?

2. ScottTunes

ScottTunes Gear-A-Holic

Feb 7, 2011
    So Cal
    Bass... in stereo??? Waste of time IMHO... Unless you're the only musician on stage. From my perspective (older, "weaker," lazier), it's over-kill. I don't even think ONE 410HLF is worth the effort!

3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I'm not sure what the OP means by "stereo", or "losing power".

If you stack two 4x10's vertically, you get a mighty $#!+-load of extra loudness, compared to one 4x10. If you put two 4x10's side by side, you get the same thing but with much worse dispersion. If you put two 4x10's on opposite sides of the stage, facing forward, you're trying to compete with the PA, and you won't hear any benefit--and neither will the audience.

If you want stereo effects like stereo chorus or ping-pong echoes, then it may be worth your time to investigate effective stereo placement of the speakers. Otherwise, you don't mean stereo, you just mean one amp feeding two cabs. And in that case, you certainly don't lose power.

4. Yeah, well, I didn't meant stereo in the good sense I guess! (i said that because of stereo or mono-bridged mode on the amp I guess) What I meant is if I plug two 410hlf together, will it makes sense? Did anyone tried it and how was it?

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I haven't done it but two 410hlf's in a vertical stack would actually greatly increase your volume, even if you kept the wattages the same. It would also give you a nice little boost on the low end, not that a 410hlf needs it. If you have them already, give it a shot.

6. I have one! I'm looking for another one for bigger gigs! I was hoping someone could tell me if it was a little bit like a 810 but with more low end!

7. BassBob1

BassBob1

Dec 21, 2010
    I also have one hlf. I have never tried what you are asking but only because i never had the opportunity. Since you have one already you know it doesn't have the same sonic character as the 810. But I would think that 2 hlf's would just give you more of what one hlf does. And more volume of coarse. Has your one hlf struggled at bigger gigs? I have played some pretty big outdoor gigs without PA support and and my single hlf does just fine.

8. redhed

redhed

Oct 25, 2009
    The Ampeg 410HLF is definitely worth the effort!!!!!!

9. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    it's not. it's like an 810 with a LOT more low end.

10. kander

kander

Feb 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    I have used two 410HLF's with my SVT 2 Pro. It was nice but unnecessary in my opinion. I never needed a second for practice or shows; any club/venue that was large enough for me to make use of the second one always had me going through the house PA.

11. kurt1420

kurt1420

Mar 20, 2011
    I play through a 4-pro. On side A I have a 810 at 4 ohms. On side B I have the 410HLF. The wall of sound is amazing.

12. Well one 410HLF is fine but I guess 2 would be dynamite!! One is loud enough but I dont want anything in my monitor other than a little guitar and a lot of my voice (i'm also lead singer). So the thing is... I know one HLF is fine, but I want more than fine!!! I want to feel it big time! That's why I was wondering if another 410HLF would give me way more feel! I know the 810 would, but in smaller gigs, it's just too much! And it doesn't have the same low end! read my signature, you'll understand why I want another one! ;)