1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Two Trace Elliot 1153

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by clockworkwar, Mar 17, 2009.

1. clockworkwar

clockworkwar

Mar 20, 2006
    England
    I have a pre-gibson pre-ratfur Trace 1153 cab and it is pretty amazing for the size of it. I have heard that two of these cabs sound amazing, has anyone done this? What are your experiences?

Sorry if this has been done before.

2. I've only read good things about the 1153 but have yet to try one. I'd love to audition a pair of them for my VB-2 head. Consider me subscribed to this thread to see if any first hand accounts can be given.

3. clockworkwar

clockworkwar

Mar 20, 2006
    England
    They are great amps, just I read on the Tom Bowlus shootout that two sound amazing, I really is giving me GAS for another one.

4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Yes, I have played through two of these. Not only does this setup sound phenomenal, but it's also one of the most impressive bang-for-the-buck rigs out there, given how cheap these things go for on the used market. It is also a pretty compact, and relatively easy to schlep rig. :cool: :bassist:

Tom.

5. clockworkwar

clockworkwar

Mar 20, 2006
    England
    I got mine for £120 pretty much mint, it is a 1994 one. I want another one now.

6. stingray56funk

stingray56funk Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    I used to own an 1153 and the 2x10 brother of the cabinet (1028 I believe). Amazing combo of cabs and my favorite "colored" recorded sound I've gotten to date was a whole Trace Elliot rig w/ my Demeter DI on a piano rock/jazz album I played on a few years ago. Two of the 1153 cabs would certainly kill!

7. clockworkwar

clockworkwar

Mar 20, 2006
    England
    I know!

8. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Two 1153's should sound pretty killer IMO. They are great cabs that have been largely overlooked by those wanting great tone in a smaller package.

9. clockworkwar

clockworkwar

Mar 20, 2006
    England
    I just managed to dial in my EQ correctly and it brings out my cheapy bass so much.

10. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    what does "brings out my cheapy bass so much" mean?

11. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    How is the top end on these cabs?

12. clockworkwar

clockworkwar

Mar 20, 2006
    England
    Lets just say it had the sound properties of mush before.