Uh oh (New Epiphone Bass)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GodPlayedBass, Jan 16, 2021.

1. ? Found on Instagram

PSX_20210116_085135.jpg

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    BillMason, Nunovsky and el jeffe bass like this.
  2. jd56hawk

jd56hawk Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    I thought this one's been out for the past two years.

3. I wouldnt know. Found this on Instagram today.

jd56hawk likes this.
  4. jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    Yes, I tried one out a few years ago at Sam Ash.
    Same pickups as the Thunderbird but some people prefer the ergonomics...and the price.
    I thought maybe they came out with a deluxe model.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    GodPlayedBass likes this.
  5. Old Blastard

Old Blastard

Aug 18, 2013
    Virginia
    It's on their website with a new Exorcist Green color. I have one from the last go around and I love it. I've gigged it and jammed it and it is light and balanced, it plays well and feels Good and sounds great. I had some minor quality control issues fixed on East att by my local guitar store, but There was a total fogged up run of them with afflicted bridges that led to their demise. If they keep quality control intact, they're great basses

6. jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    Yes, Wanderlust Green. Perfect for the lederhosen crowd traveling through the Alps.

Old Blastard and Doctor Morbius like this.
  7. ... As though there is something wrong with lederhosen? :wacky:

Old Blastard and jd56hawk like this.
  8. Bassiclees

Bassiclees Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2020
    Ordered one in gold. Should be here next week.

9. BillMason

BillMason

Mar 6, 2007
    Picked up the smoked almond one. Very light, very beefy tone! The gold sparkle is amazing.

10. Bassiclees

Bassiclees Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2020
    My Smoked Almond Embassy arrived last night. Will make a proper NBD post but initial thoughts are: super comfy neck, kinda strange since it's fixed and the (very cool) uniform color flows across the whole instrument. Tone is absolutely incredible- a whole new tonal category to the P-J-Stingray array, one can add this as a separate and wonderful option. Beefy, growly, punchy... it's just awesome. Today I'll do a setup, needs a little mod, but the dual action truss and simple and solid bridge will make that a breeze. Neck wood is gorgeous but some F1 will really bring out the grain. Not sure what the stock strings are but might keep them on as they sound and feel fine (prob will change out for some DR Black Beauties I have sitting unused). The dichotomy between its lightweight and dexterous body and the massive sound is instant fun. I could see this becoming my goto axe for quite some time. Price, of course was wonderful, proving once again great stage/studio ready instruments are widely available in the >$400 category. If you are on the fence on one of these do it do it as unless you have a Thunderbird you don't have anything in your quiver with this sound. The ProBucker 760's deliver the goods and are not at all like a P or a J or an H/HH Stingray. Weeeee!

Instagator likes this.
  11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 25, 2022