Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Umm... punk'd?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by The Golden Boy, Apr 22, 2005.

1. There's an employee here who isn't the brightest knife in the shed, so to speak. He's good at his job, he's a perfectly nice guy, just not so bright. Like the kind of not so bright that he really didn't understand why an electrical engineer with a degree would start out making more money than he made as a janitor for the past 20 years.

This started a few months ago when I inadvertently said "have a nice weekend" to him on Wednesday. He couldn't figure that out. Eventually I convinced him it was Friday. He came back to the office 15 minutes later informing me that I was pulling his leg- that he KNEW it was Wednesday...

I just had him going on a great story that the lead PC Support tech was punching out people that asked for new keyboards. Yes, a huge Kung-Fu fight broke out, and much violence ensued. At first he didn't believe it. Especially the part about the 300 lb 50 year old lady flying across the room kung fu-ing everybody that got in her way. But he actually started biting on it to the point where I think he actually thought some of it happened.

Him: "Wasn't he counselled for that?"

Me: "For what?"

Him: "For slapping the guy?"

Me: "He didn't slap him, he punched him clean out."

Him: "Was he suspended?"

Me: "The guy was talkin' smack- what was he supposed to do?"

Him: "He asked for a keyboard."

Me: "Whatever, he was trying to punk him out. He don't play those games."

He did fully swallow that this nice, soft spoken lady in the office blackjacked one of the housekeeping guys during a fight. I just happened to choose a guy that (unbeknownst to me) has had episodes of physical violence.

2. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    A number of years ago, one of my co-workers was taking the vacuum out to do the floors before the end of our shift. I jokingly said "watch out for the auto-pilot, it can go nuts on you," and she half chuckled and looked at me funny. Fifteen minutes later, she was kneeling by the vacuum cleaner looking all around it. I asked her if it was broken, and she said "no, I'm looking for the auto-pilot."

3. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    I successfully convinced a guy I used to work with that his car was running badly because it needed blinker fluid.

More than once.

Man, Scott was awesome.

4. I once convinced an ex-girlfriend(who really isn't stupid) that in England, power was produced by giant factories with rodents running in thoserunning wheels, you know what I mean...

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    that's not true?!? :confused:

6. it is, well she was distrusting 'bout it, but I was reassuring her, worked for about 10 minutes. It was completely brilliant. :p

and she didn't even dump me over it

7. Lol, nice.

And yea, that original story is nuts.

8. There was this guy that I worked with who wasn't so sharp either. We used to pull his leg all of the time at work. Stuff like "all of the cute girls like it in the rear but won't ask you to do it." kinda stuff. At one point he moved into a townhouse with a few other friends of mine and we used to party there like 4 nights a week. Anyway, one night we were all especialy wasted and decided it would be fun to act like the cops were outside. We had one of our other friends go to the front door and start banging on it. The door was answered and there was shouting and a struggle and then the front door was slammed. The roommate who answered the door came running into the bassement freaking out about how the cops were outside and they knew about the party and that we were trashed and all kinds of stuff like there were plants growing in the house that weren't really there. We had this guy going for a good 3-5 minutes before we couldn't keep a straight face anymore. It was cruel but I think I would do it again if I could... but with a camcorder this time.

Ahhhh the good ol' days!

9. Eh, around the shop we have a bit of fun with the noobs.... we send them around the shop, to other buildings, to ask other engineers and the like, for all sorts of fun things like

"board stretcher" and "lightbulb repair kit" and my personal favorite (and we got no less than 3 people with this one)

We'd actually send noobs down to the supply company we have contract with, for of all things:

Plaid paint.

"Oh yeah, and go down to **********'s, for 5 gallons of plaid paint. We have a custom order."

You should see the looks on their faces when they come back being told that it's on back order...

brilliant isn't the word....all in good fun.