Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

una pregunta...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by heretic, Apr 29, 2005.

1. I am using a Digitech Bass Driver and a 15" Ampeg combo amp. My question is: can the the pedal mess up my speaker? I like as much fuzz as possible and at high volumes it sounds very harsh ( the way I like it :smug: ) and I just wanna make sure it won't do any damage.

THANKS

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    not unless you are overdriving the speaker with too many watts or overexcursion.

3. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    to check and see if the distortion is really coming from the pedal only turn the "gain" on the amp to minimum and your master volume on the amp to a low level and if you still hear the SAME distortion as at higher volumes it should be o.k.

if the distortion changes in tone, especially when turning up the master volume then you might be hurting something in the amp.

EDIT: I looked at the B3 control panel and it says it has a "gain" "drive" and "master" apparently the gain should blink only occasionally loud notes. during the above test keep drive at minimum. if your "limit" lights up constantly then your probably playing louder than the amp can deliver, but because of the limiter your speaker is probably safe.