Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

UNC Wins!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dave, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Im a bit surprised that no one here has said anything about UNC winning it all. Ive been a UNC fan for a long time, yes even when they sucked a few years ago.

I know I cant be the only bass player on here who cares about sports. Hello?

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Eh? Are you trying to tell us that your uncle won something?

brad cook

3. Eh? No, just was a little surprised there wasnt a thread on this already, also happy my team won it.

4. It was a pretty good game, I thought. May really dominated inside, he was practically unstoppable.

5. The only bass player that cares about sports? No. The only bass player that cared about this game? ...we'll have to see.

Mike

6. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    I stopped caring after WVU got knocked out.

Well...it was more like I was very happy that I didn't have to hear about it anymore....

I don't care for basketball much at all...if the last statement didn't make that clear enough :rolleyes:

7. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Illinois wasn't playing very well, imo. They really weren't moving the ball like they should have been when they were on offense.

I want to call in tomorrow to work. I work on the U of I campus, and it is going to be a disaster area...

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Maybe you can go in as a grief counselor tomorrow Trev?

-Mike

9. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I think Keystone Light is their grief counselor. Gross stuff.

Last I heard, they had a few dumpster fires, climbing on top of buildings, burning shirts in the quad, lamp posts downed... Most of our properties are a ways away, but some of our tenants are slobs and vandals, so tomorrow ought to be a long day.

10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Wow...that is going to be lame. I did some drywall patches at some student housing at UW a couple years ago. I never knew really smart college kids could be such complete idiots.

-Mike

11. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Anaheim, CA
    Actually, I thought they moved it around pretty well. Their real problems were that Augustine was in foul trouble the whole game (couldn't help guard May from the bench) and that they couldn't hit their shots (especially the 3's). They couldn't miss in the comeback against Arizona and they were much more consistent the rest of the tournament. They relied heavily upon the 3 over the season (it worked) but it bit them in the butts in this game.

The only reason I cared about this game was because I finished in the money in an office pool once UNC won. My Blue Devils lost earlier than most expected but I was realistic with my picks.

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Hmmm....were you watching the same game I was? Illinois came out in the second half and erased a 15 point lead. They did it by hitting the three ball over and over. I like UNC, and I was getting really nervous. The steal that sealed the game was the first Illinois turnover in the second half.

-Mike

13. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Anaheim, CA

I was watching. The 3 helped them climb back in for a short span in the second half but they couldn't keep it up and they didn't do it in the first half.

ILLINOIS
    FG Made-Attempted 27-68 (.397)
    3P Made-Attempted 12-38 (.316)

Those are some low stats compared to their usual numbers, particularly the 3 point shooting %.

14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Stats certainly don't lie, and that one definitely supports your point.

I nervously sat on the edge of my chair in the second half for about 10 minutes as I watched Illinois come down court and hit three after three with a few jumpers and layins mixed in to tie the game. It wasn't until UNC played better D, and settled down on offense that they finally put the game away.

-Mike

15. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Anaheim, CA
    It certainly was closer than I had hoped. Glad UNC did buckle down some on D near the end.

16. Nikehawk

Nikehawk Guest

Jul 29, 2001
    Yorkville, IL, USA
    Yeah boys! I went to NIU (in DeKalb, IL), and watched the game with a bunch of wannabe U of I fans that "just happened' to be in DeKalb tonight. Nothing better than being the only person in the bar to recognize how a U of I victory directly detrimented my college, and then being able to cheer and laugh in people's faces when U of I lost.

Suck it Trebek! I-L-L Bye-Bye-Bye

17. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    UNC just played better (though they got a little shakey near the end). I heard all the partying on Franklin St after the game, but my house is a little too far away from it for me to walk up there. I was there in 1993 when they one though as I was in college at UNC at the time.

Everyone here in Chapel Hill was going crazy :hyper:

18. Originally, I was kind of hoping to see a UNC/Wake Forest final game. But, unfortunately, Wake got knocked out second round. I'm still happy to see UNC win one though.

19. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Anaheim, CA
    I was hoping that too since I had WF vs. UNC in my bracket.

20. That's what both my coworker and I had in our brackets. I lost $10 since I had Wake winning. He had UNC winning, and took the $110 dollar pot.