Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

University Presentation Help Please...

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Bassline_Delux, Jan 15, 2005.

1. Hey there. My College was nice enough to let me do a presentation on anythign and it counts towards 70% of a class, pretty cool. Anyway, obviously I choose to do it on basses, duh. Seeing as I'm doign an electronics/mechanioal engineering course, I was gonna go with the pickups more specifically, and perhaps the amp I dunno. Basically, I was wonderng if anyone had a more techinical or detailed explanation of how pick-ups work, thanks.

2. Hmm.

I just popped over to www.askjeeves.com and typed in, "How do guitar pickups work?" and it gave me several links to articles online that describe their function.

...or did you want someone here to do your full presentation for you, as well? ;)

3. :) Hehehe I'd googled it too, I was just wonderging if anyone had something more detailed. perhaps a Pick-Ups Moderator...Anyway..must get to work.