1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Up firing PJB Double Four

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by madbanjoman, Nov 19, 2017.

1. madbanjoman

madbanjoman

Feb 23, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    6AAF2D5E-22F4-4082-9AD5-D2717652EC64. image. After reading about the new Upshot speaker cabinet from AI in another thread, I got to thinking of trying this out with my PJB Double Four. At first I used a couple of books to put a little space between the passive rear speaker and the floor without blocking it. I liked what I was hearing. The sound was more focused and I wasn’t reaching for my HPF pre to tame the lows. I happened to have a spare set of 1/2 thick amp feet, so I installed them on the back of the amp. While I love this amp, prior to making this change I felt wasn’t loud enough for my outdoor street gigs. Now I have been using it exclusively completely happy with the volume and sound.

I wanted to pass this on to any PJB Double Four owners as possible modification.

Of course I have added pics for proof

You can hear it in action with my EUB in this youtube video.

porterbass, Earl and rickwolff like this.
  2. Earl

Earl Supporting Member

I have also tried this with my double four and it works well in some rooms, in others though the bass radiator facing the floor can make it too boomy.