Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Upcoming Solo Show in New Orleans

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Stewmc5222, Nov 20, 2003.

1. hey all,

I'll be doing some of my solo stuff again if anyone in proximity to New Orleans want to check it out. if you need some incentive to come out, Trip Wamsley will be making a special guest appearance and working some of his low end magic, too!

the show is December 5th @ 10PM in the uptown area. there's no cover and no age limit. the place is called The Neutral Ground and it's a mellow hang. if you need more information, like directions, email me or check out their site:

http://www.neutralground.org

hope to see some of you there!

from the low end,

Stew

2. wish I could come out, but I will be back in the ATL then. Keep us posted!

3. hey man,

gimme a call when you're in NOLA and we'll hang. you can check out my 8 strings and my AccuGrooves while I marvel at your chops!

I'll send you my phone number and home email in a PM.

from the low end,

Stew

4. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Too bad I live in San Francisco now, or I would have come. Perhaps I could have opened the show with a solo bass soundscapes (whale noises) set!

5. well, for what it's worth Benjamin, I'll be out in the Bay Area before long. maybe we can collaborate on some stuff then!

:D

from the low end,

Stew

6. hey everyone,

Trip Wamsley has confirmed for this Friday, so if you're in the area, it's a great chance to see a monster bassist do his thing.

PLUS no cover, no age limit, no drink minimum!

hope to see some of you there,

from the low end,

Stew

7. TravellinMan

TravellinMan

Jan 11, 2003
    NW Indiana
    I'd love to but a long way from Indiana!

Take care
    TM

8. hey man,

wish you could be there, but geography is one of those real world considerations that no one gets to overlook!

I was living in NW Indiana myself a couple of years ago. some great players in that neck of the woods!

stay well, take care, and keep it grooving,

from the low end,

Stew

9. Jay

Jay

Oct 19, 2000
    Bidwell, OH
    Good luck Stew. I'd like to check out Nawlins, but we've got a gig tonight.

Tell Trip I said hey. :D

10. hey Jay,

thanks for the thought and I'll pass that on to Trip... if he ever gets off the phone!

:D

from the low end,

Stew

11. man...!

had more fun last night than I imagined I would!

Trip was just a blast, both from the standpoint of being a bass player and as a fan of music!

someone said last night that it was one of the best concerts he'd ever seen and that Trip's incredible sense of humor just amplified his frightening talent and wonderful songwriting.

a gracious man and a monster to boot!

from the low end,

Stew

12. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    I was all set to see you today, Saturday, when my friend looks up what time you're playing and it says you were playing yesterday.

I'm really disappointed, and sorry I missed it. :bawl:

Let me know the next time you're playing, and I'll make sure to plan things better. I was excited about seeing Trip, too, but oh well.

My father's art gallery may be having a solo bass night in the future. If you're interested, I'll get back to you when I know the specifics. We've got a couple of other people to play besides me, so it should be a good time (and a bit humbling for me, I'm sure!). I'll let you know when we have a date.

Sorry again! :(

13. hey conical johnson,

sorry you missed the show. did I give you the wrong date?

it was pretty happening and everyone had a good time. Kyley Boyd was there and brought a couple of his band mates, too. Byron Santo, a local monster bassist, was there, too.

I am definitely interested in the bass night at your dad's studio! please let me know what's going on!

from the low end,

Stew

14. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    Nah. Totally my fault.

I still haven't ever spoken to Kyley, even on the phone, believe it or not. We've been e-mailing for several months now. Hopefully I'll get to meet the guy when I put in the order for my bass.

Once again, I'm disappointed that I missed it. It sounds like it would have been an excellent experience for me, as a bassist, just to meet and talk to all you guys, nevermind just to hear some good music! Meeting great musicians is always fun but a little scary to me. Anyway, I'll give you a shout when the date is nailed down for the solo show. We may just enlist those Accugroove cabs of yours. :D

15. hey man,

if you want to just do the bass hang sometime, let me know. I teach from home, so it's pretty usual.

from the low end,

Stew

16. kboyd

kboyd

Jul 6, 2002
    Loranger
    Man, Stew and Trip put on a great show the other night, two of the best bassists around. Anybody has the chance to see either of them,,,,DO IT!!!!

17. :eek:

well, gosh... thanks, man!

we had a blast and are figuring out when we'll play next.

for those in NOLA, I'll be playing fully solo at the Neutral Ground again next month: the 10th at 10PM.

I may bring a couple of special guests, but you'll have to wait and see...

;)

from the low end,

Stew

18. TRIPSTER

TRIPSTER

Aug 13, 2003
    Sulphur LA

I was really just loud and I hate music. I wanted to be welder. They make much better money. I just could not get the tool thing down. I kept dropping slag on my......I have to go now....I need unguent...;)

19. this has got to be one of the best and most underused words in the English language. I give the Farreley brothers credit for its fabulous strategic use in Fargo.

I'll give you a call tomorrow about the show in January, man!

from the lows,

Stew

20. TRIPSTER

TRIPSTER

Aug 13, 2003
    Sulphur LA
    I knew you would catch me.