1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Update the Rules/FAQ to include Infraction Points.

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Benjamin Strange, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I've been hearing little bits and pieces about something called Infraction Points around here, but there's nothing outlining them in the rules, nor can I find anything of use when I do a search. What's the story on these? When did this system get implemented? Why isn't it mentioned in the Rules/FAQ?

If there is some system for handing out infractions, it seems quite unfair to me that it's not represented within the official forum rules.

2. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    My understanding of the system is:

1. You can either get a warning or an infraction for an offence against TB.

2. An infraction can be a number of points that expire after a certain period.

3. If you get over a certain number of points, I think its 8, at the same time, you get a temporary ban.

4. If you get over 8 infractions, you are permanently banned.

5. You can also be permanently banned for special behaviour like making fun of puffy shirts.

3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Ben,
    you are correct and we do intend to document this further.

4. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA

Gulp... um... puffy shirts are awesome. I love puffy shirts. No one with a mohawk/mullet and a double neck 7 string bass has ever looked silly in a puffy shirt. Ever.

5. Sweet. At this time I'd like to formally complain that I was unaware of the infraction system when I received mine. Furthermore, this lack of knowledge in fact led to another infraction about a month later. At the time, the unwritten "consistent pain" system was in effect and I was positive that I had not fallen into that category at that point as no one had warned me of impending hammers being brought down.

Had I known that there were "infraction points" or that there would be an accumulatory (I just coined that) effect with them, I likely would not have pushed the envelope and typed the word "rooster" sucker, even though the filter doesn't catch it. The prosecutions rests, but I reserve the right to recall witnesses that I haven't disclosed at this time.

This is NOT an attempt to infuriate Team Big Toe.
    Mike

6. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Agreed. I don't have any infraction points - that I know of - but it seems that if others have received infraction points without any foreknowledge and no documentation of the idea, then those points should be expunged from the record.

7. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Very good. :D

8. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    since this will soon be documented for folks to see what's going on, it should be said that gaming the system is viewed as the highest form of trolling. word to the wise.

also, suggestion box threads are not for discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.