Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

USA Peavey Forum AX (pics!)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Vox Populi, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    Got my Peavey Forum AX today, been playing it for the past 30 minutes. I'll give some initial impressions:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A real testament to the quality of Peavey's work. Made in the USA, this bass has awesome fretwork, whcih is one of the most important things on a bass I think. The neck is quite large for a Peavey, standard P-Bass style/size I'd think. It fits my hands just fine. The EQ controls are simple and work great. I like the sounds I can get out of it. Especially bridge pickup with the bass turned up on the EQ. The bridge itself is incredibly sturdy and could probably survive a nuclear holocaust. Tuners are great, the bass was almost in tune when I got it, usually basses are WAY out of tune after shipping. Black metallic/sparkle finish is pretty sweet, too. I'm enjoying it.

Great bass, you really can't beat a USA bass at the price these are going for. There's one on Ebay right now, if anyone's interested. Sunburst finish, minor damage to pickguard. You could probably pick it up cheap.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7383071080&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:PIC&rd=1

2. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Congrats! I like the black on that one. Made in USA Peaveys have always sounded pretty sweet IMO. How heavy is it?

3. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Great looking bass! Congratulations :cool:

4. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    It's monstrous. Alot heavier than my Jazz anyway. But that's no prob for me. You know what they say, Heavy is reliable. ;)

5. So your the one...I was gunna buy that bass. Glad it found a good owner. Beautiful looking one if I do say so myself, I just didnt have the money at the time. I am oh so happy for you. Play it, and play it well. Make sure to gig it once or twice for me ;)

Thats so cool, very pretty...

6. OldDude420

OldDude420

Jun 10, 2011
    i just got my peavey forum ax about a month ago. i'm a beginner so i try to "play" about an hour every day. i only payed $125 for it and i love it!! mine is a sunburst that fades out to black.

7. RBrownBass

RBrownBass Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Borrowed one for a few weeks several years ago and loved it. It was heavy, tho.

I have an early 90s SF Foundie and a Fury, and both kill. Used USA Peaveys go for very little cash, but are great playing and sounding basses.

8. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    The Forum AX is certainly one of the old Peaveys that I would love to play or buy.

9. corucowit

corucowit

Nov 26, 2013
    Hi.. Congrats for your bass guitar. It's indeed a great one. Have the chance to own one. I bought mine 10 years ago.