1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Used Items in Guitar Center

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by TolerancEJ, Aug 22, 2012.

1. In Guitar Center's used section, chose Bass and clicked Just Arrived.

As of today, within the first 5 pages of items, I felt like sharing a few new items I noticed that might interest some TB'ers.

Fender Marcus Miller (Langhorne PA) $849.99
    Warwick Katana (Miami FL) $1,399.99
    Spector Rebop 4 (Oklahoma City OK) $429.99
    Spector Rebop 4 DLX (Mays Landing NJ) $549.99
    Spector Rebop 4 (Seattle WA) $549.99
    Spector Rebop 4 (Fountain Valley CA) $599.99

2. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    there is a black aria tab 66 for 399 somebody might like too

3. FYI: Today, I noticed a neck thru Dave Pushic 6-string Scroll (Santa Clara CA) bass for $799.99

4. ChrisCassisi

ChrisCassisi

Mar 24, 2011
    San Jose, CA

I bought that bass on here and then sold it to Guitar Center. Nice bass but after getting my Roscoe Century Signature fretless 6 it became obsolete in my arsenal.

5. ChrisCassisi

ChrisCassisi

Mar 24, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    FWIW Pushic has received some bashing on here for some low quality stuff. This bass is really nice and a better example of what he is capable of. A little on the heavy side due to all the purple heart but with the asymmetrical neck and barts pups this bass is great to play and has great tone. The flats (GHS from Jason @ bassstringsonline.com) on it where pretty new when I sold it to them so there is a lot of life still on them.

6. Cool. I've learned to take "TB-bashing" with a grain a salt.

7. jumbodbassman

jumbodbassman Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Stuck in traffic -NY & CT
    Born Again Tubey
    if you can avoid getting crazy on the little things (cosmetic only as structural stuuf can't be ignored) Dave Pushic builds a very functional and custom bass. you can pick whatever woods you want, pickups, etc in your own design if you want. as custom as it can get but if you are looking for perfection look elsewhere.

8. Rick Turner Renaissance Bass RB-4-FL (Fretless) (Scottsdale AZ) for $1,099.99

9. j.kernodle

j.kernodle Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    Hey, that's cool, my old Pushic. Gotta look it up for old time's sake.

10. kulit17

kulit17 Wal Collector #35 Supporting Member

For anyone looking for a deal on a Ric 4003 $1199.99Arlington Heights, Illinois 60005 847-439-4600

Looks like it doesn't have stock bridge or pickups, but not a bad deal overall.

11. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish Supporting Member

It has a BAII, much better than the lift-up Ric bridges, unless you're going for the mute thing. Also Seymour Duncan pickups, my favorite passive pups for Rics (Alembic for active). If I wanted to play a Ric it would be this one.

12. lmfreeman9

lmfreeman9 Supporting Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Arizona
    +!

13. dave79

This is too funny, an Aguilar GS410 just Price Dropped from $749.99 to $79.99 with around $10 shipping. I of course bought it, $95 total. What are the odds I actually get this?

14. Wow!

15. A few tips while looking through Guitar Center's used section:
    Choose Guitars in the dropdown menu and type bass in the Keyword box. At present, GC has recorded 11 pages of Basses in the guitar category.
    When searching, think of every possible spelling of a company/model. There are numerous spelling errors throughout GC's database. i.e. Spector/Specter, Pedulla/Pedula, Squier/Squire/Squirrel (just kidding)

16. dave79

I got an email canceling it and an email saying how a lot of people had ordered it and that I was not the first and that the price was an error. I'm pretty confident that they are lying since I checked immediately after the online purchase to see if it was still available and it was not. I sent an email back with multiple questions, the most intriguing being if they actually sold it for $79.99 to the first person. At least I'll get a laugh out of that if it happened. Saw it yesterday, tried calling the Mobile,AL store all day with no response. I wonder what's going on here...

17. Nobody picked up the phone for the entire workday?

18. dave79

Correct, I wonder if the store has been shutdown or something, I addressed these things in my email.

19. Maybe the website has a misprint of the phone number. Did you reach an answering maching or voicemail?

20. dave79

I did extensive "Googling" for any available # for the store, it always listed the same one from multiple sources. I haven't tried to call today. It, like every other guitar center, just rang until my phone carrier shut off the call.