1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

V Bass owners

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Reigninblood, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Anyone else here a die hard flying V bass player? I own 2 dean flying V basses. One stock, one preparing for a new Badass bridge and new hi output pickup. Saving up for a Gibson Korina flying V bass. I started playing in 1997 on a sweet soundgear, n have went through about 10 basses since, even a couple American made Fenders. For some reason the most comfortable thing for me to play on is the V. Maybe the way its weighted? Or cuz it looks timeless. If your particular to the V please share your setup. Thanks!

2. mp40smg

mp40smg

Aug 11, 2010
    Worcester, Ma.
    Flying Vs are probably the most polarizing shape of any standard production instrument.

3. good or bad thing? In my experience its the best shape for playing the style I play. I can play on a.$3000. Warwick n while the sound is great, no other shape fits my style like a V, the classic V, not the spikey V.

4. mp40smg

mp40smg

Aug 11, 2010
    Worcester, Ma.
    If it works for you and you like it, that is all that matters.

5. riotorgun

riotorgun

Apr 2, 2009
    I too play a dean flying v,im planning on upgrading the pickups when i have spare cash.

[​IMG]

6. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    I have a black Epi V.

7. fjadams

fjadams

Jun 7, 2011
    Danbury, CT
    This one will be home soon.

6523939627_417642655c.

Pretty sure it's a one of a kind.

8. riotorgun

riotorgun

Apr 2, 2009
    nice,even with a stock flying v your nearly always gonna be the only guy at a gig playing one:bassist:

9. Stealth

Stealth

Feb 5, 2008
    Zagreb, Croatia
    That's a great color for a V.