1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Valeton OC10 or TC Nether any good compared to OC2?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jazznrick, Mar 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. jazznrick

jazznrick Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2006
    Woodlands, Texas
    Hey guys, I sold all of my synth effects and now have to wait to order a Bananana. To hold me over I'd really like a cheap but good octaver. anyone try the valeton or TC?

2. markmck79

markmck79

Oct 14, 2013
    Texas
    No experience with the Valeton, but I bought the TC as a potential backup to my early MIJ Octaver. It wasn’t anywhere close. The Nether was very dark and muddy; nothing like my OC-2.

That said, I’ve tried almost all the boutique clones & alternatives to the OC-2 (COG, 3Leaf, Broughton, etc) and while some get very close I’ve always returned to my OC-2. I really wish Boss would consider a Waza OC-2.

Nephilymbass, bassbrad and jazznrick like this.
  3. jazznrick

jazznrick Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2006
    Woodlands, Texas
    Waza does seem like the perfect vehicle for the OC-2

bassbrad likes this.
  4. ugly_bassplayer

ugly_bassplayer Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Québec
    Some parts of the oc2 are not available anymore.

5. bass.bert

bass.bert

Dec 27, 2009
    I recently bought an OC10 and it's quite decent. Sounds nearly identical to my OC-2, maybe a little more stiff, more compact in sound, just a nuance... nothing you would notice on stage or through a muddy amp.

It's the best OC-2 like octaver i tried so far. I remember the markbass clone being not really spot on (checked it briefly years ago), i had no luck with the mxr (horrible tracking and artifacts, maybe i had a faulty unit), and the dod octoplus wasn't that punchy ether.

Size is a plus too (just slightly bigger than 1590A), looks like a shrunken OC-2! ;)

jazznrick likes this.
  6. bass.bert

bass.bert

Dec 27, 2009
    Do you know which parts exactly?