1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Van Halen 2012 Tour announced!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Lesfunk, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Not a dime from me after what they did to Mike.

2. +1

3. Texan

Texan 667 Neighbor of the Beast. Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Houston, TX
    +2

4. pedroims

pedroims

Dec 19, 2007
    Michigan
    +3

5. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    +5

6. looks like its only in Australia, but I dont want to see VH anyway...I'm waiting for the Chickenfoot tour to come around

7. lowendblues

lowendblues Supporting Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Ohio
    +7

8. SlingBass4

SlingBass4

Feb 28, 2009
    Kansas City
    +8 - it's all about the money and glory years (ego) gone by :rollno:

9. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    +9

10. SDMFJay

SDMFJay

Jan 27, 2011
    too little too late. they waited way too long to be doing anything now imo. I prefer to relish the VH days of the 80's maybe even some of the early 90's. I just can't see myself going to their concert with the lineup they have right now. It will be very interesting to see how well their new album does when it comes out...if it ever comes out lol

11. That and EVH has about a 50/50 chance of being wasted at any given show. I saw them on Sammy's last tour and EVH got so drunk that virtually any guitarist at the show could have played his solos better.

12. cableguy

cableguy

Jun 4, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    The 1st VH was one of the reasons I got into music. The sound of the bass at the start of Running with the Devil was awesome. I know it was just one note but that tone at volume for a high school kid (possibly under the influence) was "it". That said MA ain't there so Chickenfoot will get my $$$$. I also didn't see Page/Plant back in the day due to lack of JPJ even though Led Zep was my favorite band.
    Endstory- VH was done for me after Sammy left. MA just sealed the deal.

13. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    The black and white promo video released with this announcement left me speechless. DLR's soft shoe was shockingly lame.

This is all they've got to start with after all this time?

Air guitar on top of the old recordings? Wow.

14. AltGrendel

AltGrendel Squire Jag SS fan.

May 21, 2009
    Mid-Atlantic USA.
    Nope, not worth it.

15. Franz Jr.

Franz Jr. Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    If you do go you can still here Mike's background vocals on the backing tracks live!!!:bag:

Seriously though, I hate what they did to Mike, but also they won't play anything from the Haggar era, which is when they sold the most records and had the most #1 hits. Honestly, I saw them during the Van Haggar days and Sammy could sing Jump, Hot for Teacher etc. I just don't think Dave can sing those songs.

16. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    Without MA it's not VH.

17. I'd much rather see Chickenfoot.

18. What's the line on how many shows before Daimond Dave puts his foot in his mouth and EVH fires him again?

I loved this band back in the day but 1984 was the last album I cared about. Now, unlike a lot of other 70s bands that remain interesting (Rush, Sabbath, etc.) I have no interest in seeing VH.

19. avvie

avvie

Oct 12, 2010
    Maui, HI
    Van Halen is like the Brett Favre of the rock world.