1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

video editing for dummies

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by 24frames, Nov 10, 2006.

1. 24frames

24frames

Mar 11, 2006
    this week i cut my hand pretty bad at work. had to get 6 stiches. :spit: so since i cant play my bass while im sitting at home, i decided to edit my old band movies. can any one sugust a decent video program to record and edit videos? i started to use windows movie maker, and it seems kind of limited in what it can do... also can anyone recomend a dvd burning program??? thanks!!:hyper:

2. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    What kind of price range are you looking at? Software can get pricey.

3. jkritchey

jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.
  4. 24frames

24frames

Mar 11, 2006
    mpeg. <300$

5. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Hmmm... I'm used to using an Apple for editing; but I did use Adobe Premier for a brief stint.

You should be able to download a free trial of Premier of their website (it's an $8-900 program). Otherwise, Premier Elements it about $100 IIRC.

There's always eBay too. You can always find older versions of software for a LOT less.

6. excane

excane Inactive

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Adobe Premiere and/or After Effects. I use those everyday.

If you want to go crazy, check out Autodesk's Combustion.

7. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Vegas Movie Studio + DVD.

Are you a student? You can get significant discounts!

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 18, 2021