1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Vigier Passion II 1986 - thoughts?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Declan Embury, Mar 13, 2017.

1. for sure

29 vote(s)
    76.3%
  2. meh

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  3. no way

6 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. Declan Embury

Declan Embury

Apr 8, 2016
    Canada
    Recently came across a vigier passion ii on craigslist for a little under $900. seems like a steal.

Can I get some opinions on these basses? They look beutiful and everything ive read online makes them sound like beasts, but there is very few videos/information.

its 1986 and all original, good condition $_27.JPG $_27.JPG

2. Declan Embury

Declan Embury

Apr 8, 2016
    Canada
    Keep in mind its 900~ canadian dollars which is around 75 cents american right now

also my decision is down to this and a warwick standard with 2 delano xtenders all passive, basically the same price

3. UNICORN BASS

UNICORN BASS

Feb 10, 2016
    Michigan USA
    Tell me the crooked bridge is an optical illusion.

fretter, Nickweissmusic, PWRL and 2 others like this.
  4. Declan Embury

Declan Embury

Apr 8, 2016
    Canada
    I was wondering the same thing, I'd be able to see it in real life before I bought, think its just an illusion though.

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    The gigbag assures that you'll be ready for all your roller skating rink gigs.

fretter, swafran, MasonMinor and 3 others like this.
  6. Declan Embury

Declan Embury

Apr 8, 2016
    Canada
    I dont think I've ever seen a more 80s case, I love it

andruca and Grapevine921 like this.
  7. That's not the original bridge. These days they're mono saddles but in 86 they were Kahler.
    Even though Vigier is more common in Europe they rarely come up for sale,when they do 1300 euro is starting point,
    That's $1400USA or almost $1900CAN.

Declan Embury and Snaxster like this.
  8. Declan Embury

Declan Embury

Apr 8, 2016
    Canada
    Thanks for the info.

Are you sure about the bridge? You could totally be right but it looks the same as the one Ped has on his 85 (NBD: 1985 Series 2 Vigier)

9. @Declan Embury

That's a Schaller 3D on ped's Vigier and I'm an eejit cause it's the same on the CL one. I just checked flights from Scotland,if it was still there in 2 weeks (£370 return)I'd get a huge bargain,leaving tomorrow (£690 return)I'd break even.

Put me out my misery and buy the Vigier :D

10. Declan Embury

Declan Embury

Apr 8, 2016
    Canada
    Already sent multiples emails and refreshing my email every 5 minutes.

Now I just gotta hope I was the first, I emailed him about 30 minutes after it was posted so heres hoping....

Also I'd avoid Canada at all cost this time of the year, supposed to get 30-45cm of snow tonight

kodiakblair likes this.
  11. Kahrmine

Kahrmine

May 25, 2013
    I don't think it's an optical illusion.

12. @Declan Embury

You're safe enough,don't see me flying anywhere with my leg in a cast :D I'll just send keep sending well wishes your way until I see the NBD :thumbsup:

Good Luck on getting in there first.

Kubicki Fan likes this.
  13. Declan Embury

Declan Embury

Apr 8, 2016
    Canada
    @kodiakblair Cheers, hopefully itll be up before the end of the week..

@Kahrmine I'll definitely be checking it, probably no fixes for that right? other than drilling some new holes below and moving the bridge down a tiny bit? Since its a quality made instrument I assume the original holes would be good..

kodiakblair likes this.
  14. Mind that bridge adjusts 3 ways. String height,intonation and string spacing.
    Get those 3 set to suit you then there's no need to move it.

Over the weekend I advised a fella to return his new Fender for a misaligned bridge,vernear got lynched :roflmao:
    Guess if it's OK on a Fender then it's double OK on a Vigier :thumbsup:

Nickweissmusic likes this.
  15. Up the dose

Up the dose

Mar 10, 2013
    Geezer Butler was playing them in 1992 on the Dehumanizer album and tour. Very nice bass.

fretter, d-dave, Kubicki Fan and 2 others like this.
  16. Declan Embury

Declan Embury

Apr 8, 2016
    Canada
    Thanks, didnt know!

Just last weekend I was playing "Time Machine" off that album after watching waynes world... killer soundtrack

d-dave and AndyLES like this.
  17. Geezer used one on the late 90's Sabbath reunion with Ozzy. They are killer basses that fall in the same category as Wal.
    I'm pretty sure they all have graphite necks too.

18. Ivan Rougny of Mörglbl uses Vigier basses but his are more recent model 5 strings.

His is the only one I've ever heard but I really like the tones Ivan is getting out of his. I know you're looking at a 4 but the B string sounds decently awesome on Ivan's 5er. Word on the streets is that Deep Purple's Roger Glover is now quite happily using Vigier basses. He claims his old Rickenbacker gave him way too much unwanted 'distortion'. :cool:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  19. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Vigier basses are pretty darn sweet. Good luck, OP.

AztecViking likes this.
  20. bearhart74

bearhart74 Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2009
    let us know how it goes. Inquiring (bored) minds want to know