1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

"Vintage" Brand basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by flawop, Jan 4, 2007.

1. flawop

flawop Banned

Sep 9, 2006
    I was at this music store and they had a few Vintage brand basses. Basically P-base knockoffs, with vintage colours etc.

They were pretty cool. Great necks, easy as hell to play. Good thumpy POW POW POW tone. But they didn't have any jazz types and I asked if they were gonna get any and he just said no.

Anyone try them? Got one? I can't find anything about them online.

2. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I used to have one of their bubinga bodied fretless basses.

www.jhs.co.uk

That website will sort you out.

3. CDuff

CDuff

Sep 14, 2002
    Europe
    I have a JHS Vintage acoustic bass and I really like it. Really well constructed, feels great, sounds great but obviously suffers from the curse of the acoustic bass, completely inaudible when played with acoustic guitars. However, on the few occasions I've plugged it in, I seemed to be in constant battle with feedback. That may have had more to do with the setup of the room and amps than the guitar itself, though.
    I played the one Chris2112 is talking about in a music shop the other day, the V940fl, and I'm definitely gonna buy it. I loved it.

4. vintage is one of those brands that get slated because they do budget fender and gibson ripoffs, however the new vintage range is licenced with wilkinson hardware so they are decent (i got some wilk tele pickups and they are sweet) guitars for the pirce.

the thing is do you put money down on a company that does there own thing and aims mainly at good quality budget instruments or do you go for the big conglomo sub companys selling poor copys of the instruments they make usually at a higher price to quality ratio than the others.

have you seen those vintage thinline tele's? oooohhh thay are sweet but GAS list is too big

5. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    their stingray knock offs arn't too bad either.

6. I have the early Metallaxxe Wraith bass which is now redesigned so they dont mine anymore

7. +1 had a bashed up one at our highschool

8. Basscat125

Basscat125

Aug 3, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland.
    none yet
    I am gettin a v940fl will maybe post audio and pics.
    cant wait:hyper:

9. bassmachine2112

bassmachine2112

Mar 23, 2008
    I,ve got one,great bass for the price and perfect for hotrodding and gigging