Vinyl Sunday

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Salicete, Apr 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Vinyl Sunday

I worked midnight last night and can't sleep, so I'm doing what I did when I was a kid, sitting in my room (man-cave) and listening to records.

For those under 40, "records" were vinyl disks that were rotated on a "turntable" at a predetermined speed, usually around 33 or 45 RPM, in order to reproduce music at levels of quality and warmth unattainable by today's inferior technology.

(Just poking fun at the younger crowd who didn't spend huge parts of their youth cleaning, ~anybody remember the D3 Diskwasher and Zero-Stat Gun~and carefully placing LPs onto their record players, sometimes for days at a time, so don't get butt-hurt if that is you.)

But I digress, currently spinning a stack of records a regular customer gave to me that he had inherited. He found "he didn't like the artists."

Ahem....nearly complete to complete libraries ( A "library," something else, like turntables, that we old people used be fore the Internet, but that is for another thread.) of:

The Beatles
    The Stones
    The Kinks
    The Moody Blues
    Steppenwolf
    Bob Dylan
    Neil Young
    George Harrison
    John Lennon
    Wings
    Boston
    Ramones
    Tom Petty
    Renaissance
    Madonna (OK, I could have lived without those.)
    Don McLean (With a first pressing of American Pie)
    And lots lots more.

It is like K-Tel Records or Columbia House threw up on me. (......another geezer reference) and all sorts of good stuff came out.

Just the first of several boxes.
    image.jpg1_22.jpg

An-until now-unopened copy of the Stones "Get Yer Ya Ya's Out." Now playing.
    image.jpg1_23.jpg

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
    brianplowe, 47th Street and StayLow like this.
  2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 19, 2022